Rap - Page 2 of 4

I believe some rap is ok. I also dislike the - Page 2 - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 18th Jan, 2006 - 1:52am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
Bad singing with a cool beat or real good music, what is your opinion?
Post Date: 25th Jun, 2004 - 11:53pm / Post ID: #

Rap
A Friend

Rap - Page 2

QUOTE (darius @ 6-Jun 04, 1:09 AM)
I was a big rap fan in the 80's era. (Run - DMC , L.L. Cool J , and Eric B. & Rakim)
That's when rap music was all about having fun. My fondest memories of Hip Hop was battling other crews from the neighborhood. (Break Dancing) But today's Rap music is just full of negativity. I listen to more of the Old School Rap.

I totally agree Old School is were it's at. Some of the new stuff is good especially the new Beastie Boys.

Sponsored Links:
23rd Apr, 2005 - 3:07am / Post ID: #

Rap

Like in any other music genre there is the bad and the there is the good.

I agree totaly with this comment, before you start degrading a genre of music you should evaluate where they come from and the meaning of the song or songs. For the most part songs are about how some one feels or something they went through. For instance one of my favorite songs by Eminem, mockingbird, he sings about what he went through raising Haley his daughter and how his house was broken into constantly. It tells of how he has a job but he couldn't afford a present for his daughter and felt like crap for not being able to get her a present for christmas. By the end of the song he is able to take care of haley and sings that he would get her anything she wants and he would do anything for her.

Post Date: 23rd Apr, 2005 - 4:38am / Post ID: #

Rap
A Friend

Rap Sports & Fashion Music Movies

I'm not a huge fan of rap, but I have heard some good tunes.-Nothing recent however. I tend to lend rap my ear if it looks like its about having fun and not about illicit behavior. I'm not sure if this is rap exactly, but I have always thought it was, but I always smile if I can catch the show tune of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air and also some of the music by MC Hammer. Is this Rap or do I have the wrong idea here?
-Unferth

24th Apr, 2005 - 3:02am / Post ID: #

Page 2 Rap

Unferth, Fresh Prince, in my opinion, is what rap should be. Unfortunately, a lot of the rap music today is what we call 'Gangsta Rap' and is a lot more hard core. There are a few rap songs out today that have a nice beat, and if it were not for the lyrics, could be enjoyable. When I listen to rap, I usually listen to the beat, and sometimes make up my own words tongue.gif

11th May, 2005 - 12:31pm / Post ID: #

Rap

As a bass player, I really dig the bass and drum-beat rhythm style of rap, but as far as the lyrical content of nearly all rap genre music, I despise it...thoroughly. many of the reasons have been listed elsewhere in this thread and I don't feel the need to quote them all. I'm not picking on rap per se, other than this is the topic at hand. For what it's worth I don't like death-metal either...I mean c'mon, I say a CD at a local Best Buy store by a band named "Christian Death" and another band calling themselves "Cannibal Corpse". I don't even take my kids to shop there anymore.

21st May, 2005 - 7:53pm / Post ID: #

Rap

In general, I think a song is complete if both the rhythm and the lyrics are good. In most of the rap songs the rhythm is good/very good and the lyrics are not too smart. If the lyrics are of a good quality, than you got a hit. I have to admit that sometimes I listen to rap music with bad lyrics (simple/stupid or violent/obscene), but I do it because of the rhythm and I try not to concentrate on the lyrics (it's probably easier for me 'cause english is not my native language).

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 7th Jan, 2006 - 8:03am / Post ID: #

Rap
A Friend

Rap - Page 2

I don't like rap music in general. There are occasions when a rapper manages to dip into a pool of talent within themselves and come up with a "song" ( and with rap music I use that term loosely ) that is both lyricly and instrumentally impressive and entertaining. However, I feel that 95% of rap is garbage that won't withstand the test of time. Most rappers do not have the talent to stay in the music business, and most of their songs aren't memorable or catchy enough to be replayed 24 months after they came out. This is what disappoints me most in that our generations ( okay...maybe I should say my sons generation) will not have a musical legacy to call their own in 20 years. We REMEMBER the hit songs of the 80's and 90's....I even remember some of the songs from the 70's...and god knows I heard enough of the 60's music from my parents to realize that while it may not be the music of my generation, some of it was awesome stuff. Obviously the Rappers themselves even recognize this fact, because they base an awful LOT of their tunes on the back beats of older more classic songs.

I don't like rap because it's not made to be heard 5 years later, and most of it I don't want to hear right now. I also think that only a few rappers have "lived" the so called "thugs life". I think this is shown pretty well by the reports that eventually surface about their living in less than ghetto neighborhoods or being able to have good educations provided. Most are just "Ghetto Icons" that are fashioned by Studio Hype into something the urban youth will think is cool.

Post Date: 18th Jan, 2006 - 1:52am / Post ID: #

Rap
A Friend

Rap Movies Music Fashion & Sports - Page 2

I believe some rap is ok. I also dislike the way it often degrades women, but I also do like the more humorous rap songs. In class one day we finished our work early and the teacher actually put on Tootsie Roll. We had a very funny dance off the rest of the period. It was a lot of fun without drugs, alcohol, or too many sexual innuendos.

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Rap

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,