Prisoner Rights? - Page 2 of 2

This is a very touchy subject for me because - Page 2 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 4th Aug, 2005 - 4:15pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
10th Jun, 2004 - 1:24pm / Post ID: #

Prisoner Rights? - Page 2

The basic "human" rights of safety and health I agree should be provided. One of the problems these days is that, as a nation, we've become so spoiled! So of course our prisoners will riot when they are denied access to their cable TV. It seems so many inmates believe they are living in a resort, and are entitled to special treatment. Do they forget that they are there to be punished?

IMO
Roz

International Level: Ambassador / Political Participation: 595 ActivistPoliticianAmbassador 59.5%

Sponsored Links:
10th Jun, 2004 - 3:48pm / Post ID: #

Rights Prisoner

Yes Farseer, I think a lot of these prisoners do forget they are being punished, not transferred to a new home. And forget about the white collar criminals, like Martha Stewart, their prisons ARE resorts!

International Level: Envoy / Political Participation: 241 ActivistPoliticianEnvoy 24.1%

Post Date: 4th Aug, 2005 - 4:15pm / Post ID: #

Prisoner Rights?
A Friend

Prisoner Rights? History & Civil Business Politics

This is a very touchy subject for me because I've had some friends who were in prison.

I can see a liver transplant on someone who will be out of prison in about 10 or 20 years. In fact in Idaho their are many inmates that come down with cancer while in there. And yet there isn't much the medical staff will do to help them. A friend of mine was told he had six months to live so he applied for a medical Parol and was told he wasn't sick enough. Do inmates really get the basic medical attention. I don't think so.

Another friend of mind collapsed while teaching in his church service it took the medical staff 15 minutes to get there in which time no medical attention was given to him by the officers the medical staff was just under 300 ft from his location. That's not basic medical attention.

I can understand out here the ambulance service takes a few minutes to get to the scene of an accident, but look at the great distances they have to travel. But to take 15 minutes for 300 ft. That's just down right cruel.

Sorry if it seems I'm negative I think that OUR family members that are serving time for breaking the line do deserve a little more respect. But to the extreme of sex changes and so forth I don't believe they are worthy of such medical procedures.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Prisoner Rights?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,