Brigitte Bardot Fined For Inciting Racial Hatred

- Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 10th Jun, 2004 - 10:42pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

10th Jun, 2004 - 8:30pm / Post ID: #

Brigitte Bardot Fined For Inciting Racial Hatred

Actress fined after attacking gays, Muslims in her book

French actress-turned-animal rights activist Brigitte Bardot was convicted Thursday of inciting racial hatred and ordered to pay $6,000 - the fourth such fine for the former sex symbol since 1997.

The Paris court sentenced Bardot, 69, for remarks in her book "A Scream in the Silence," an outspoken attack on gays, immigrants and the jobless that shocked France last year.

https://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5181642/

So, is this a violation of freedom of speech? I don't know that France has any such laws, but the question is, do we ban books and prosecute people for writing them, if they contain stuff we don't like or agree with?

International Level: Diplomat / Political Participation: 320 ActivistPoliticianDiplomat 32%

Sponsored Links:
10th Jun, 2004 - 8:33pm / Post ID: #

Hatred Racial Inciting Fined Bardot Brigitte

If that is the case, then do we ban the Bible, or fine God or Jesus, because the Bible is one of the most controversial books and not everyone agrees with its contents? Books are avenues for criticism, so long as it does not target anyone specifically, I dont think the author should be fined or banned for giving their opinion.

International Level: Envoy / Political Participation: 241 ActivistPoliticianEnvoy 24.1%

10th Jun, 2004 - 8:55pm / Post ID: #

Brigitte Bardot Fined For Inciting Racial Hatred History & Civil Business Politics

Never has there been so much intolerance in the name of tolerance, never so much hate in the name of respect...

and you can quote me on that wink.gif

Dubhdara.

International Level: Junior Politician / Political Participation: 100 ActivistPoliticianJunior Politician 10%

10th Jun, 2004 - 10:42pm / Post ID: #

Hatred Racial Inciting Fined Bardot Brigitte

France is notorious for restricting liberty, of all sorts. Freedom of speech doesn't exist, as far as I can tell, in France, or much of Europe. Even England has no problem restricting freedom of speech.

Canada has passed several laws that make it illegal to even quote biblical verses that can be construed to be a condemnation of homosexuals.

With "hate laws", the US is trying to do the same thing.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 854 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 85.4%

> TOPIC: Brigitte Bardot Fined For Inciting Racial Hatred

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,