Trinidad & Tobago Football - Page 5 of 16

BBC Version In chaotic scenes at the end Ali - Page 5 - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 16th Nov, 2005 - 8:54pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  ...Latest (16) »
Discuss  Trinidad & Tobago Football Soca Warriors Warriors: The smallest country to qualify for the World Cup
17th Feb, 2005 - 10:37pm / Post ID: #

Trinidad & Tobago Football - Page 5

From Fifaworldcup.yahoo.com

Yorke Speaks out

https://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/050216/1/34tg.html

The return of 34-year-old striker Dwight Yorke to the Trinidadian national team ahead of the final-round CONCACAF qualifying opener with the United States looked a major boon for the island side. But according to the former Manchester United scoring sensation and arguably the nation's most successful sportsman, it's the "ridiculous" goals they let in - not the ones they failed to score - that did the most damage in the 1-2 loss to the States.....

"We need to cut out conceding stupid goals because Trinidad and Tobago will always score"¦we"ll always create chances," Yorke told members of the media after being held scoreless on 9 February.....

But the man who's name graces Bacolet, Tobago's main football stadium seems to be overlooking a large piece of the puzzle. Aside from poor defence, both he and fellow England-based strike partner Stern John of Coventry City failed to make a significant impact on the match. Tipped by coach Bertille St. Clair to score the lion's share of the goals, the tandem looked fairly flat throughout the ninety minutes....

But Yorke - still not completely trusted by some of the team's fans for his three-year, self-imposed international exile - isn't unduly worried. "Despite the loss, it's still far from the end of the journey. We"ve got nine games to go and things can change quickly."

Sorry to quote this much, but I really wanted to highlight how Yorke is making himself look like a fool. While his comments may be partially true, I don't think he is the one who should be making them. It is clear he had his own agenda at one time, and now after burning his bridges, he is trying to show up his team and point out their mistakes. I think Yorke needs to sit back and reflect on his own personal performance, and maybe get some fans on his side, before ranting and raving about team play. Rant off.

Sponsored Links:
18th Mar, 2005 - 1:56am / Post ID: #

Football Tobago and Trinidad

Jack Warner finally said something that made so much sense... the name of the team will no longer be 'Soca Warriors', but just 'Warriors'. The reason for the change is based on something I had said months ago with the start of this thread... 'Soca' does not sound serious! The change was based on their upcoming challenge to enter the World Cup. Now although the change is good - to me it is late - they should have been serious long ago!

27th Mar, 2005 - 1:31pm / Post ID: #

Trinidad & Tobago Football Sports & Fashion Music Movies

Unfortunately I signed up for FIFA World Cup alerts and I was alerted yesterday that Trinidad and Tobago is pretty bad in football as they got thumped 5-1 by Guatemala. It would seem any chance they had of qualifying for World Cup 2006 just went out the door, in my opinion, since Guatemala is probably the weakest team in the CONCACAF final round.

27th Mar, 2005 - 5:10pm / Post ID: #

Page 5 Football Tobago and Trinidad

This is obvious to me and no surprise - hence not many were interested in supporting them. The problem with Sports in the Caribbean is this --> there is simply too much politics in the games.

2nd Apr, 2005 - 5:10am / Post ID: #

Football Tobago and Trinidad

T&T drew a lackluster draw against Costa Rica this past weekend and now sit in last place in the CONCACAF region. It was funny reading one of the articles on the fifaworldcup website, because they made it seem like T&T's only purpose was taking away points from other teams! Here was the quote:

Costa Rica, who looked to be getting back on track after toughing out a win over Panama with ten men at the weekend, became the only side to have a point taken off them by Trinidad & Tobago.

https://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/050331/1/3edd.html

Now the Soca Warriors seem to have gotten themselves a new coach. In my opinion, too little too late.

The experienced Dutchman Leo Beenhakker has been named head coach of Trinidad & Tobago's national team. Following two losses and a draw in their first three matches in the final round of North, Central American and Caribbean Zone qualifying, the 62-year-old was tapped to take over from departing boss Bertille St. Clair.

With two months to go before their fourth qualifying game against Panama at home, and with only one point to show for their efforts so far, it is hoped the injection of an experienced and renowned coach of Beenhaker's stature will be enough to stem the rising tide and get the only remaining Caribbean team in CONCACAF qualifying somewhere in the crucial top four

16th Nov, 2005 - 6:27pm / Post ID: #

Trinidad & Tobago Football

Ladies and Gentlemen, we are going to the World Cup after winning our qualification match! I will now have to swallow what I said earlier and give all praise to the coach!

Now, did anyone see that match? Wow, so much controversy! Did you see how the Bahrain player attacked the referee when that false goal was made by one of the strikers when the goal keeper had it in possession?

I should mention... you will notice they are no longer 'Soca' warriors but 'Warriors'

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
16th Nov, 2005 - 7:06pm / Post ID: #

Trinidad & Tobago Football - Page 5

What a game!. I am so happy for Trinidad! I was almost in tears (I am serious!). What a great opportunity for this little tiny island. Congratulations Warriors!. This is what the BBC has to say about the game:

Trinidad and Tobago reached the World Cup finals for the first time in their history after beating Bahrain.

Bahrain had secured a 1-1 draw in the Caribbean on Saturday, but were outplayed in the play-off's second leg.

Wrexham's giant defender Dennis Lawrence scored the goal, outjumping the Bahrain defence to powerfully head in a Dwight Yorke corner on 49 minutes....

https://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/Hi/football/I...als/4436066.stm

Post Date: 16th Nov, 2005 - 8:54pm / Post ID: #

Trinidad & Tobago Football Movies Music Fashion & Sports - Page 5

BBC Version

In chaotic scenes at the end Ali Baba was dismissed after referee Oscar Ruiz was man-handled. The Bahrainis had been furious the referee disallowed an Ahmed Hassan goal when he kicked the ball out of Jack's hands. Bahrain coach Luka Peruzovic did not rule out an appeal to Fifa appeal over the disallowed goal. "I want to make myself 100 %t sure of what happened before advising the Bahrain Football Association," said Peruzovic. "We will watch the action replay before taking any decision." Moments after the sending off Jack made up for his earlier eccentric keeping when he spectacualrly tipped over the bar a Talal Yusuf shot. With a population of just over one million Trinidad will be the least populated country taking part in the 2006 finals in Germany.
Ref. https://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/Hi/football/I...als/4436066.stm

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  ...Latest (16) »

> TOPIC: Trinidad & Tobago Football

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,