Extreme Protests

Extreme Protests - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 18th Jul, 2006 - 4:40am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

What a person(s) will do in order to get their point accross?
Post Date: 16th Jun, 2004 - 11:33pm / Post ID: #

Extreme Protests

Humans are often able to over come normalcy by going into extreme phases for a cause, in other words, if they want attention they will do the most unusual things. In the past people have:

1. Gone without food or drink
2. Become isolated
3. Taped their mouths with duck tape
4. Walked hundreds of miles
5. Stood in one place
6. Attacked others
7. Start wars and so on...

Have you ever seen an extreme form of activism? Let us discuss it.

Sponsored Links:
17th Jun, 2004 - 4:06am / Post ID: #

Protests Extreme

It seems lately (in the past 10 years or so) it has become more common for activists to protest in the nude. There was one just a couple of days ago, a bunch of people riding bikes in protest of something, and half were nude. There was a women's issue a couple of years ago and their way of protesting was to stand around in a group, all nude. I think that's the most bizarre thing in the world. It has NOTHING whatsoever to do with what they are protesting, they just think it makes more of a statement if they are naked.

It makes a statement, all right. "You are nutty" is what it says. It makes me ignore whatever it is they are standing for (and hence I can't remember what they are protesting - -all I remember is that they were nude).

Roz

International Level: Ambassador / Political Participation: 595 ActivistPoliticianAmbassador 59.5%

Post Date: 5th May, 2006 - 1:07am / Post ID: #

Extreme Protests
A Friend

Extreme Protests History & Civil Business Politics

Extreme protesting completely defeats the purpose of the protest in my opinion. A protest is to draw attention to an issue, get the facts of your point of view out. In most cases of extreme protesting tactics, the people themselves and what they are doing becomes the attraction and almost a side show rather than the issue at hand. This completely undermines the purpose of the protest and the issues and turns people against you, and in turn, against what ever you stand for. Extreme protesting is a bad idea in my opinion.

Post Date: 30th Jun, 2006 - 8:13pm / Post ID: #

Extreme Protests
A Friend

Protests Extreme

Well, I guess I walking I have:

Simon Deng, a former Sudanese slave walked from New York to Washington to raise awareness of the conflict in Darfur. I personally walked an eighteen mile stretch from New Brunswick to Princeton, New Jersey with him and several of my activist friends.

Post Date: 18th Jul, 2006 - 4:40am / Post ID: #

Extreme Protests
A Friend

Protests Extreme

I think that we are mostly talking about extremes in terms of violence YellowKnife. I completely agree with your activist activity and think that any that draws POSITIVE attention to the issue you are fighting for is good. So maybe I should have specified that I mean extremes in relation to violence and destruction. Take PETA for instance, they are pretty much thought of as a domestic terrorist organization to many if not most americans. Their extremes over ride their message in most cases.

> TOPIC: Extreme Protests

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,