?
Poll: Registration for me was...
  Very easy       28.57%
  Easy       42.86%
  Okay       28.57%
  Difficult       0.00%
  Tedious       0.00%
Total Votes: 7
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
Add Reply Q
Registering in the Community. Oh goodness, I think I am going to have a baby over this one! How difficult was it for you to Register to become a Member?
Post Date: 18th Jun, 2004 - 12:32am / Post ID: #

Registration!

Remember When You First Registered?

Most users find the registration process to enter the forum very difficult, but then afterwards they can see the necessity of it because of the level of membership the community tries to protect. Others tend to actually be glad that it is there to 'protect' them from the unwanted predators. Yet others still join anyway and then gripe afterwards. How was it for you? Do you think it was a bit much or did you see the relevance?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 11th Jul, 2004 - 3:24am / Post ID: #

Member + Agent Zapper
[?] CPosts: 3,709
Avg: 0.8 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 20.5%
[+] Gain: 224.48 FP
Charm: 149

Registration

To be honest I dont remember the registration process being that involved or to the point where I wanted to not register at all. I am glad that there is a certain level of protection enforced on the forum now that I am an active poster.

Post Date: 12th Jul, 2004 - 5:30pm / Post ID: #

Diamond + Author
Lifestyle
[?] CPosts: 3,526
Avg: 0.7 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 17.9%
[+] Gain: 200.00 FP
Charm: 226

Registration! Feedback & FAQ News Community

I didn't find the registration process at all difficult. I was wary about putting some information in my profile, so was a bit selective at first.

Post Date: 15th Feb, 2005 - 9:03pm / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect
[?] CPosts: 38,002
Avg: 7.7 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 100%
[+] Gain: 4,485.74 FP
Charm: 345

Registration

Most users do not realize that the Registration Page actually tells us A LOT about the user that is joining. In fact by the way a user fills in the Registration page let's us know if we should immediately delete them before they even post an Into message!

Post Date: 16th Feb, 2005 - 1:21am / Post ID: #

Dawnofthenew
Registration!
A Friend

Registration

I personally didn't find the registration process difficult at all, and this was the first time I ever went through a registration process like this. I can understand why it is set up the way it is and I can see the necessity of having the process, and I think the registration is well thought out.

Post Date: 16th Feb, 2005 - 1:30am / Post ID: #

Member Watchful Eye
[?] CPosts: 719
Avg: 0.2 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 5.9%
[+] Gain: 200.00 FP
Charm: 52

Registration!

It wasn't hard, as all of you said, but it was tedious. There were many more fields required to fill than in any other forum I've been in. But as JB said, it helps to sort out the users.

Post Date: 16th Feb, 2005 - 6:54am / Post ID: #

Konquererz
Registration!
A Friend

Registration!

I didn't find the registration process difficult at all. After browsing the posts, I knew this was where I wanted to be. I didn't care about all the fields to be entered, I was more that willing to fill them all in. I can see why some would be upset, but why gripe after you have already done it?

Post Date: 25th May, 2005 - 2:52pm / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect
[?] CPosts: 38,002
Avg: 7.7 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 100%
[+] Gain: 4,485.74 FP
Charm: 345

Registration!

Even with the registration process and the many hints given BEFORE a user joins they still do not get the picture of two things:

1. The level of constructive discussion
2. What they have to do in order to play Role-playing Games

Even the simplest thing like age is ignored. I know this when they post an intro message and proudly announce that they are 14 or 13, etc. This only shows that they have not read anything at all, but just chose to jump right into the form, verify their account and move on quickly.

So to counteract that I am thinking to refine the registration process based on why the user is joining. Here is what I am planning and I would like some feedback - thanks in advance:

1. When the user clicks on 'Register' a check is made to see if they went through the 'checks' (A page described below) first, if not it starts them out on that page.
2. If they have not visited the 'checks' then they are shown a plain page that asks why they are here: RPG, discussion, religion, etc.
3. Based on that choice it emphasizes EXACTLY what they have to do and asks them if they agree (This will all be in plain text with no frills to ensure focus). For instance: a person that is joining for Role-playing Game will be asked if their age is over 16, then if they know they have to post 30 Constructive messages, etc. Another example: A person joining for LDS Discussion will be told that not the whole Community is LDS and that LDS related topics are limited to the LDS Boards.
4. If they agree then they are taken to the regular registration page, if not then they are sent to a page that explains why it is recommended that they do not join and maybe even an offer for other Communities they could visit?

So, what do you think?

Post Date: Mon Sep 16, 2019 - 16:11:56 GMT / Post ID: #

History

Registration!

We interrupt Registration! to share infobreak from antiquity:
HistoricToday is: 16th September (GMT), in history on the 16th of September, 1965 AD the following event happened:
Boston Red Sox Dave Morehead no-hits Cleveland Indians, 2-0

+  1 2 
  Next Page >>  
Sponsored Links:

Options Fast Reply Add Reply Add Poll

No Registration Required!

We welcome input from visitors:
Add Comment As A Guest
Guest, please be considerate by using the appropriate tags as well as checking your grammar before submitting or it will be deleted. See: Constructive Posting Policy.

Tip TIP: Press above button ONCE only. If you come back here via the [Back] button on your browser then you will need to click [More Options] button (below) first in order to re-enable your ability to Post.

> TOPIC: Registration!

Donate Compare Membership
International Discussions Coded by: BGID® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2019
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,

Latest Topics

Key: Background for Upgraded Members
Updated every 5 minutes See More

Latest Member Intro

Newest Members

Updated every: 31 minutes

Highlights

Global Warming: Natural Or Man-made?: global warming Global warming has been in and out as the "latest" hot topic for many years. It is, according to modern scientists, the result of man-made industrial pollutants, clearing forested areas, agriculture, etc. But now they are thinking it started way before the Industrial Revolution... By Telly 2nd Sep, 2019 - 12:41pm Discuss It!
Atheists Not To Be Feared!: New look at Atheists and their thinking - Atheism - Athiest - Do Not Believe In God By Telly 9th Aug, 2019 - 12:55am Discuss It!
Donald Trump: Donald Trump President of the United States of America - Real Estate mogul, Pageant owner and now one of the most controversial men in political history. By PigStudy 5th Aug, 2019 - 2:54pm Discuss It!
The Trump Immigration Wall: Political Controversy WARNING you may find the contents of this Thread offensive, view at your own discretion. By News 15th Mar, 2019 - 10:36pm Discuss It!
Russia vs USA: Russia Tactics versus U.S.A. Vs Russia Russia: 'The Evil Empire'? Are they all that bad or is it just the USA trying to portray Russia as bad because they are a world power with land bigger and a society very different from the USA ideal? By News 27th Feb, 2019 - 2:49am Discuss It!
Stan Lee: Top  Stan Lee Comics By SMF 11th Dec, 2018 - 1:08pm Discuss It!
Kissing Up To The Boss In The Workplace: Top  Kissing Up Boss In Workplace By Reformist 22nd Nov, 2018 - 7:05pm Discuss It!
Men In Uniform - Authorized Excessive Violence: Political Controversy WARNING you may find the contents of this Thread offensive, view at your own discretion. By Pureyang 14th Nov, 2018 - 3:03pm Discuss It!
Your View On The Nature Of Interests: By News 4th Jul, 2018 - 7:30pm Discuss It!
Wide Screen Columns: Best of  Wide Screen Columns Users with wide screen monitors can benefit from more content on every page. By JB 14th Oct, 2017 - 12:32am Discuss It!
Offensive Trademarks: Best of  Offensive Trademarks By Abnninja 20th Jun, 2017 - 4:16pm Discuss It!

Updated every: 14 minutes