VictorB Introduction

Victorb Introduction - Introductions, Member Sharing - Posted: 27th Mar, 2012 - 9:07am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Post Date: 20th Mar, 2012 - 9:55am / Post ID: #

VictorB Introduction
A Friend

VictorB Introduction

I am 42 years old (I was born in May 1969), a Russian national. I divorced many years ago, still single. I have no children. I am fluent in English. I studied French in Moscow Academy of Finance but since I haven't used it for many years my French definitely needs some refreshment.
In 1993 I graduated from Moscow State Academy of Finance, International Banking Department. In 1992 I published a book in Moscow on US securities markets.
I am a former investment banker. My successful professional career in investment banking (that started in 1992) was suspended in 2005 after I had reported my allegations against the top management of my employer to the Central Bank of Russia, Russian Financial Markets Federal Service (similar to US SEC) and Russian General Prosecutor. Prior to that, I had been employed by Gazprombank (financial arm of Russian state-controlled gas monopoly Gazprom) as a Head of securities trading Department. After relevant litigation I left Russia and requested political asylum in the UK. The UK authorities refused my asylum application in 2007 (after reviewing my application for almost 2 years) regardless of the publicity I had received in Russian mass media and regardless of the fact that at that time I was a witness in a legal case launched in the US by US-based investors against the Russian Federation, Russian state-controlled companies (Gazprom, Rosneft) and a number of top Russian officials (Sechin, Kudrin).
I have been persecuted by Russian authorities for my political views and political statements since 2005. Since 2005 when my professional career in investment banking ended I was unemployed for several years. During the last 3 years I was consecutively employed as a caretaker in a home for the Aged, a groom and a teacher of English language.
I have rather broad interests in life. First of all, I enjoy reading. It's very difficult for me to leave a bookstore without a purchase, provided I have any cash available. I may easily sacrifice some necessities in favour of a purchase of a good book. I prefer books on history, religion and esoteric, fine arts. Secondly, I adore horses and enjoy horse-riding although my problems have deprived from a chance to ride. I like sports (jogging, swimming, skiing).Thirdly, I like chess and try to play chess each day using my notebook. And finally, I love music - classical, jazz, pop, house.
I should daresay that I am very good-natured, amiable person, very tolerant and keen to understand other people and recognize their opinions, views and beliefs regardless of any differences.
A mention should be made that I am deeply religious person. I have very strong religious beliefs although I can't describe myself as an adherent of any single religion. I have been always interested in comparative studies of major religions, ancient religions (especially taking into account that I have deep interest in Ancient history and archeology).While living in the UK (2005 - 2007) I was a member of British Egypt Exploration Society (EES) and attended lectures at London Jewish Learning Exchange (JLE).
For a number of years I have been trying to make my allegations public. Recently I was forced to leave Russia and request asylum in Lithuania. My application is currently under review by immigration authorities of that country. I reside in Pabrade, small town not far from Vilnius.
I am quite interested in international politics, international economy and finance, issues of international migration, poverty in the Third World countries, exploration of natural reserves and preserving nature, means of decreasing international hostilities.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 20th Mar, 2012 - 10:01am / Post ID: #

Introduction VictorB

Welcome to this International Community!

Thanks for your Introduction. It is good that you were willing to join us here, we hope that you will participate as a vibrant constructive poster.

Please do begin participating by sharing your views on the many Topics covered within this International Community.

You may like to take a minute to update your profile by clicking on 'My Controls' near the top right of this page and clicking on any 'Edit' link.

If you ever have questions about features in the Community please do ask here, your Introduction Thread by pressing the [Reply] button.

For Your Information: Here are some quick links for you to look over when you have time:
Read --> Constructive Posting Policy | See All Boards | Site Map | FAQ

Post Date: 20th Mar, 2012 - 10:03am / Post ID: #

VictorB Introduction Sharing Member & Introductions

Hi VictorB! That was quite the introduction. We have many threads about Russia and some of the topics you mentioned so it will be nice to get your take on things there. I hope to be able to read some of your input into the threads around the site. Have fun!

Post Date: 20th Mar, 2012 - 11:46pm / Post ID: #

Diamond Author
[?] CPosts: 1,577
Flag Posts: 3,817
Avg: 0.8 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 20.8%
[+] Gain: 7,999.88 FP
Charm: 22

Introduction VictorB

That is quite a story. You are living in the US now I guess? By the way can people from Russia still defect to the US since Russia is not a communist country anymore? That might have been off topic but welcome anyhow.

Contribution: Diamond Emeritus | Credit: | Gender: Female | Politics: Independent
Tenet: Christian (secular) | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Not Given | Joined: Reg. 18th Mar, 2011 - 9:45pm
Signature: Love life and living
Post Date: 21st Mar, 2012 - 10:05am / Post ID: #

Introduction VictorB

Your last post was deleted for not being constructive, based on the following:

10. Do not duplicate the same message in other parts of the Community, this is considered spamming.

Please review our: Constructive Posting Policy.

Post Date: 26th Mar, 2012 - 10:25am / Post ID: #

VictorB Introduction

You are continuing to duplicate the same content using different titles. If you continue your account will be deleted. This is your last warning. See Constructive Posting Policy.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 26th Mar, 2012 - 11:03am / Post ID: #

Diamond Chief
[?] CPosts: 2,938
Flag Posts: 7,000
Avg: 1.3 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 32.7%
[+] Gain: 5,075.94 FP
Charm: 26

VictorB Introduction

Dude I can tell you that when Persephone Posts in your thread it usually isn't good for you and she ain't joking either so you better pay attention to what she is saying otherwise I can say "bye-bye" from now.

Contribution: Diamond Emeritus | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Unsure
Tenet: Christian (secular) | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Thirty Something | Joined: Reg. 18th Jan, 2009 - 9:07pm
Signature:
Post Date: 27th Mar, 2012 - 9:07am / Post ID: #

VictorB Introduction
A Friend

VictorB Introduction Introductions & Member Sharing

Hello,
My sincere apologies for any inconvenience. That happened due to the lack of of experience and haste. That wasn't intentional.
I'll do my best to be more attentive in future. Thanks for warnings.
Best regards,

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: VictorB Introduction

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,