Worldwide Leadership Training Jun 19

Worldwide Leadership Training Jun 19 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 23rd Jun, 2004 - 7:27pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 22nd Jun, 2004 - 10:08pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Did anybody else here go to the Worldwide Leadership training meeting on June 19th? It was a very good meeting and was all about Bishops. I am not a Bishop but nonetheless, benefited from some very good instruction. Pres. Monson from his home, or a home setting, spoke of being called as a Bishop when he was in his early 20's and presided over a ward of about 1200 members, seventy some who were widows. He talked about each of the five responsabilities Bishops have and with my great memory, I have already forgotten what they are. Should have taken better notes.

Next, Elders Ballard and Eyring met with a group of about twelve Bishops and Branch Presidents and just answered questions. Both have served as Bishops more than once and gave some great insights. One thing I learned is that successful Bishops are those who delegate much of their responsability to others.

Then, Elder Holland from Chile spoke from his office down there and it ended with Pres. Hinckley giving a tour of his office at Church HDQ.

I think the entire transcript will be provided later.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 23rd Jun, 2004 - 7:13pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Jun Training Leadership Worldwide

QUOTE (gaucho @ 22-Jun 04, 3:08 PM)
I think the entire transcript will be provided later.

I checked the lds site and couldn't find it. Here, in Oregon, we all taped it. You just might check with your Branch/Ward or Stake Librarian and see if she/he has the tape. My Branch no longer has the equipment to dub tapes (darn it anyway), other wise I would make you a copy and send it to you, if your Librarian doesn't have one. Check it out. As a matter of fact, every member should take a look at what their Meeting House Library has. It is there for them, personally, as well as for when they teach a class. Not for keeps, but to borrow for a Family Home Evening, or a Missionary Experience. Set up an appointment with your Branch/Ward Librarian and take a tour. smile.gif

23rd Jun, 2004 - 7:27pm / Post ID: #

Worldwide Leadership Training Jun 19 Studies Doctrine Mormon

I checked the lds site and couldn't find it.

It is not published online, it is sent in the form of a booklet to all leaders.

> TOPIC: Worldwide Leadership Training Jun 19

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,