East Indians In Trinidad - Page 2 of 2

Did any Sikhs come, or was it mainly Hindus? - Page 2 - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 26th Aug, 2008 - 1:19am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
21st Aug, 2008 - 1:09pm / Post ID: #

East Indians In Trinidad - Page 2

A few scholarly journals writing about East Indians in Diaspora have stated that many! changed their caste association and moreso if they left from ports away from their homestate/area.

I heard that some indentured labourers were Brahmins even. I don't know if that is true or not though. I do know that some Hindus in T&T consider themselves to be Brahmins.

Sponsored Links:
25th Aug, 2008 - 7:23pm / Post ID: #

Trinidad Indians East

There were a few Brahims amongst the lot but the rest were a hodge podge of ne'er do wells! who fell on their luck, get catch end ended up in T&T.
Those who went over the kalapani were usually property and when their service time was up, they had a choice to go back.

26th Aug, 2008 - 1:19am / Post ID: #

East Indians In Trinidad Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

Did any Sikhs come, or was it mainly Hindus? I'm surprised that I don't see many Sikhs in Trinidad.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: East Indians In Trinidad

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,