Details Of Snot

Details Snot - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 21st Jan, 2005 - 10:38am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Also known as booger or snat
Post Date: 29th Jun, 2004 - 2:25pm / Post ID: #

Details Of Snot

Humans are often offended by their own bodily fluids, but here we will discuss it openly especially where it concerns 'snot' or mucus. Have you ever wondered what it consists of and why it is formed by your body?

Boogers are mucus (myoo-kuss). Mucus is the thin, slippery material that is found inside your nose. Many people call mucus snot. Your nose makes nearly a cupful of snot every day. Snot is produced by the mucous membranes in the nose, which it moistens and protects.

When you inhale air through your nose, it contains lots of tiny particles, like dust, dirt, germs, and pollen. If these particles made it all the way to the lungs, the lungs could get damaged and it would be difficult to breathe. Snot works by trapping the particles and keeping them in the nose.
Ref. https://www.coolquiz.com/trivia/explain/docs/booger.asp

Sponsored Links:
30th Jun, 2004 - 3:30am / Post ID: #

Snot Details

What a completely disgusting topic!! Ewwwww!

Did you know that the cells that make mucus are called goblet cells? I remember that from anatomy class. My sister says (and she's no expert) that we create more mucus as we age biggrin.gif I don't know if that's true or not.

That's really all I have to say on this subject.

Roz

30th Jun, 2004 - 4:00pm / Post ID: #

Details Of Snot Health & Special Psychology

Neo, give me a break! This has got to be the most disgusting topic I have seen yet on this forum. I don't think I have anything to add except we have mucus in places other than our nose. Asthmatics have trouble with mucus collecting in their lungs. I think this is true of people with pneumonia as well.

10th Jan, 2005 - 7:22am / Post ID: #

Snot Details

Eh, cool topic. biggrin.gif

we have mucus in places other than our nose.

When I'm really really sick I have mucus building up in my mouth, which is pretty disgusting since I have to cough it out. Well, just wanted to share that experience laugh.gif I hope no one is eating right now...

Post Date: 10th Jan, 2005 - 8:01am / Post ID: #

Details Of Snot
A Friend

Snot Details

I always tell my children: Snot belongs in your nose or on a tissue. Not on your sleeve! More especially, not wiped onto someone else!(This has happened to me too many times.) I agree, EWWWW. Yucky.

Reconcile Edited: dawnofthenew on 10th Jan, 2005 - 8:02am

Post Date: 21st Jan, 2005 - 9:58am / Post ID: #

Details Of Snot
A Friend

Details Of Snot

QUOTE (dawnofthenew @ 10-Jan 05, 3:01 AM)
I always tell my children: Snot belongs in your nose or on a tissue. Not on your sleeve! More especially, not wiped onto someone else!(This has happened to me too many times.)

I hate when my kids ambush me like this! Nothing worse then a four-year old running up to (you think) hug you and you get a big nasty snot wad rubbed on your shirt and he runs off! How disgusting! Other than that, I couldn't figure out what this whole post was supposed to be about if it didn't involved swapping snot stories!

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
21st Jan, 2005 - 10:05am / Post ID: #

Details Snot

I couldn't figure out what this whole post was supposed to be about if it didn't involved swapping snot stories!

Well actually the first message in a thread tells that...

Have you ever wondered what it consists of and why it is formed by your body?

I doubt it was meant to be a place to share stories about gross experiences as much as to understand the reason the body produces it. To add to this... high intakes of dairy products can cause mucus to be formed within the lining of the body's organs and at some point the body tries to get rid of this in the form of getting sick or high fever.

Post Date: 21st Jan, 2005 - 10:38am / Post ID: #

Details Of Snot
A Friend

Details Snot Psychology Special & Health

Could the increase of mucus be due to bacteria in the body? If mucus is to catch dirt, pollen, and bacteria in the nose, it seems logical that it would also due the same elsewhere in the body. A fever, would be an attempt to kill the bacteria and thus bring the mucus under control. That also would explain why flu's and cold's always seem to come with an increased amount of mucus in your nose, throat, and (the worst place) lungs/chest.

Reconcile Edited: konquererz on 21st Jan, 2005 - 10:39am

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Details Of Snot

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,