Which 'other' Religion Would You Choose? - Page 2 of 3

Yeah, sort of. My point is, if you are a true - Page 2 - General Religious Beliefs - Posted: 31st Oct, 2004 - 11:26pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
6th Aug, 2004 - 10:47am / Post ID: #

Which 'other' Religion Would You Choose? - Page 2

I would probably be Catholic. I believe in authority and in a "true" church. So, if my Church didn't exist, it would have to be the Catholic Church. If there wasn't an apostasy, then the Catholic Church traces its roots back to Christ's time and is the Church He started. Because, I believe there was an apostasy and then a need for restoration, I believe my Church is the true church of Christ.

Reconcile Edited: tenaheff on 6th Aug, 2004 - 10:48am

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 19th Sep, 2004 - 3:45am / Post ID: #

Which 'other' Religion Would You Choose?
A Friend

Choose You Religion other Which

Well, before becoming LDS I was involved with Wicca, that wasn't the greatest experience. If I wasn't LDS I'd probably worship God on my own. I've tried going to an Assembly of God church and they're not much in helping their own people. Yes, God can solve all problems in His own time, if that's what HE wants for you.

Post Date: 19th Sep, 2004 - 8:16am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Which 'other' Religion Would You Choose? Beliefs Religious General

I would probably choose the masons. I don't know if they classify as a religion. But they have some good points and a good history. They are also secretive and clannish and I like that. I might join them anyway. Scientology has some good points. It is pretty empty though. Actually they all have some good points. It is a good thing the LDS church does exist. It saves the confusion.

31st Oct, 2004 - 7:12am / Post ID: #

Page 2 Choose You Religion other Which

I'm kinda atheist undecided.gif

No, I do believe there might be a god, but I don't believe in any of the current religions. Religion, I think, is just people's efforts to explain the unknown. There may be gods, but the religions now, for my opinion, are just guesses, stories to leave nothing unknown.

I mean, look at you - you are of a certain religion, but you would change your religion if there wasn't such as yours - doesn't that imply that you don't truly believe in your religion?

The question you asked just implies that religion itself is just for religion's sake.

...so if there was no atheism... wink.gif

31st Oct, 2004 - 11:20am / Post ID: #

Choose You Religion other Which

I mean, look at you - you are of a certain religion, but you would change your religion if there wasn't such as yours - doesn't that imply that you don't truly believe in your religion?

The way you come to conclusions is kind of amusing Smudge. The question does not imply anything. Most of the questions put forth to everyone do not imply that the person is asking for personal reasons or because they are questioning something. Most of the time it is to evaluate trends of thought. This is how you learn on an International forum, by evaluating the decisions people say they will make. In this question we are analyzing if a person's belief system was not in exsitence then what would they choose - this helps people to now look at other religious beliefs and see which ones are more closely related to their own beliefs.

31st Oct, 2004 - 7:14pm / Post ID: #

ah, I see. I really did misinterpret it. I thought the question was what you would do if there was no religion such as yours, not if you did not believe in your religion... I'm still confused.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
31st Oct, 2004 - 11:16pm / Post ID: #

Which 'other' Religion You Choose - Page 2

If the current religion you belong to did not exist which religion do you think you would belong to? Why?

The question is above and I do not know how else to explain it other than to show it in parts:

If the current religion you belong to did not exist...
Okay so let us say you are an Adventist in reality, let us imagine that there was no such thing as being an Adventist...

...which religion do you think you would belong to?
Well since your current religion is not an option, which of the rest of known religions would you choose and why would you make that choice?

Most likely the person may say I would be in 'x' religion because it most resembles being an Adventist or they may have another view about the question.

Hope that helps.

31st Oct, 2004 - 11:26pm / Post ID: #

Which 'other' Religion You Choose General Religious Beliefs - Page 2

Yeah, sort of. My point is, if you are a true believer in your religion, none of the other religions should fit you had yours not been an option. But I guess that was not the purpose of the thread...

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Which 'other' Religion Would You Choose?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,