Parent Despair & Autism - Page 3 of 3

Modesto woman jailed for stabbing autistic - Page 3 - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 18th Jul, 2016 - 2:43pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Parent Despair &, Autism This Thread was originally called, "Parent Abuse & Autism" but the consensus was that an Autisitc child cannot abuse a parent because they are unaware of their actions. Determining how aware an autistic child might be about the effect of their actions is left open as in the case of mild autism.
19th Apr, 2012 - 10:11am / Post ID: #

Parent Despair & Autism - Page 3

Yes, I understand where you were coming from hence the title of the Thread has been changed to "Parent Despair & Autism" and a more relevant Thread was opened in the Parenting Board.

Sponsored Links:
20th Apr, 2012 - 1:52am / Post ID: #

Autism and Despair Parent

Yes to me this title reflects what you and many more go through with their special needs children. What I know adds to the despair is the lack of schools needed for these children. Any luck finding any who can help you with your children JB?

20th Apr, 2012 - 2:01am / Post ID: #

Parent Despair & Autism Health & Special Psychology

No, and many parents like me suffer the same fate. That is part of the despair... The fact that there is no moment of relief. At least if there was some special place they could go and be properly looked after then you could take a break for yourself.

Rather off topic, but...
We run TTSpecialKids.com which highlights local cases. The Forum there is actually pulling Threads from here but it only shows the ones about Special Needs children in T&T. I usually update my Blog about our challenges so I rather not go into our situation in this Thread and make it focus on us, but thank you for asking.

21st Apr, 2012 - 2:13am / Post ID: #

Page 3 Autism and Despair Parent

I figured as much, I guess I was just hoping that my feeling was wrong. What to do, what can you do? Well giving up is not an option and forming something like a support group with other parents with special needs children will go a long way. It helps to talk to one another and it lets you know that you are not alone, which is how many such parents feel.

Rather off topic, but...
N.B. Praying and asking God for strength and the wisdom needed sure can't hurt, in fact I bet it will help you loads smile.gif

Post Date: 7th Nov, 2012 - 5:11pm / Post ID: #

Autism and Despair Parent

Name: Parent

Comments: As a parent with one low functioning autistic child I can relate to a lot said here. People don't know what its like, the pain, sleepless nights, sudden outbursts of emotion, the public stares and humiliation because you should be parenting a different way. Sometimes you feel like giving up, you really do.

Post Date: 11th May, 2016 - 8:55am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Parent Despair & Autism

Raising a child with autism: How optimism can help to cope

Humans are resilient, even facing the toughest of life's challenges. How individuals and families deal with demanding and emotionally charged circumstances plays a large role in how they view and face the world and the possible outcomes of a difficult situation. There's no exception for the challenging Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and how families adjust and cope with the reported stress of raising a child with autism. Ref. Source 3z.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
18th Jul, 2016 - 2:43pm / Post ID: #

Parent Despair & Autism - Page 3

Modesto woman jailed for stabbing autistic son
Original Post Date: 28th Sep, 2010 - 5:41pm

I know exactly what is like to raise special needs children. I would like to know more details about his case such as where exactly in the spectrum the child is, etc. I hope he makes a full recovery!

international QUOTE
MODESTO, Calif. — Police have arrested a Modesto mother for allegedly tying up and stabbing her 13-year-old autistic son, authorities said Monday. Anitra Hankins was booked into Stanislaus County Jail on attempted homicide and torture charges early Monday, according to the Modest Police Department. She was being held on $500,000 bail. The boy was hospitalized in critical condition at Doctors Medical Center of Modesto and underwent surgery Sunday night. Sgt. Tim Helton said the prognosis is grim. Hankins called 911 about 6 p.m. Sunday to report that her son was hurt but refused to provide details, Helton said. When officers went into the woman's home at the Ashwood Village Apartments, they found the boy lying in the hallway with his feet bound, Helton said. Hankins appeared to be a state of shock and was not fully cooperating with police… Source 1i

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Parent Despair & Autism

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,