Establishment Day Care Centres For Disabled People

- Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 18th Jul, 2014 - 4:31pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

In about three to six-months, the Ministry of the People and Social Development will establish a series of day care centres for persons with disabilities throughout Trinidad and Tobago
10th Jul, 2011 - 6:56pm / Post ID: #

Establishment Day Care Centres For Disabled People

I was reading the following on the Newsday and I really have more questions than answers. For instance the Minister of the People Dr Glenn Ramadharsingh said the centres will "release" parents and caregivers of persons with such disabilities, allowing them to seek paid employment. But then he says the centres will be manned by mothers of children with cerebral palsy. He said the caregivers will be employed under the Unemployment Relief Programme (URP) and they will be given a stipend of $85 to provide assisted support to persons with cerebral palsy and other disabilities. $85 dollars?

I hope this is not (once again) a bunch of untrained people (and I don't mean just completing a course! which seems to be the way they run things here) but at least a Phd's or a full degree related to taking care of special needs people. Something tells me that this isn't going to be the case and when you're dealing with people who cannot speak and tell you what's going on...there is a lot of room for abuse.

Source 7

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 18th Jul, 2014 - 4:31pm / Post ID: #

People Disabled Centres Care Day Establishment

Name: Raneesa

Comments: Great but up to what age? What about extending this service for older children with learning disabilities so when we get the job we don't have to worry about finding a school that will take them.

> TOPIC: Establishment Day Care Centres For Disabled People

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,