Your Home Or The People's - Page 2 of 2

Firearm the wrong choice, judge tells homeowner - Page 2 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 21st Jul, 2010 - 11:23pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Is a man's home truly his castle or should the government be able to say what you can or can't do in there?
Your Home Or The People's Related Information to Your Home Or The People's
24th Jun, 2005 - 12:53pm / Post ID: #

Your Home Or The People's - Page 2

Your are right when you said

I think everyone is entitled to feel a level of protection and privacy from the State with regard to their homes.
Our Supreme Court is suppose to be the protection when a local, state or federal government abuses its power. The courts failed the people yesterday. Here in the U.S. there is a lot of talk about how the courts got this decision wrong. Some of the extreme voices have even called for the removal of these judges. This is a topic that I think has really caused the average American to think about how the government abuses its power.

International Level: New Activist / Political Participation: 13 ActivistPoliticianNew Activist 1.3%

Sponsored Links:
24th Jun, 2005 - 1:31pm / Post ID: #

Peoples The Home Your

I'm not surprised mate. If I was living in an environment where developers could bulldoze my home by grant of the State I would move. That is terrible and stinks of corruption.

International Level: Negotiator / Political Participation: 453 ActivistPoliticianNegotiator 45.3%

20th Jul, 2005 - 12:30pm / Post ID: #

Your Home Or The People's History & Civil Business Politics

States Trying to Blunt Property Ruling

Alarmed by the prospect of local governments seizing homes and turning the property over to developers, lawmakers in at least half the states are rushing to blunt last month's U.S. Supreme Court ruling expanding the power of eminent domain.
Ref. https://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...eizing_property

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3212 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 21st Jul, 2010 - 11:23pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Page 2 Peoples The Home Your

Firearm the wrong choice, judge tells homeowner

A judge has ruled that a Taupo man's home was not his castle and he had no legal right to aim a firearm at police officers who entered his home suspecting a burglary. Ref. Source 9

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Your Home Or The People's

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,