Poem - The Writer

Poem Writer - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 29th Nov, 2004 - 3:10am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 3rd Jul, 2004 - 1:15am / Post ID: #

Poem - The Writer
A Friend

Poem - The Writer

Look:
You, who had cried
Who had lived in pretense all these nights
Who screamed and fought those falling tears
Those faked and silent expressions on your face
The words you spoke
The prose you wrote

You, who looked into the mirror
Who realised the irony of it all
Who took a knife and rope
Those verses you struggled to compose
The final draft
The finished craft

---------------------------

I was actually proud of this poem when I wrote it, which was a few weeks ago, when I was very, very bored. And then I just had an inspiration. I thought it was rather urm... well, the meaning should be rather literal. But you can try guess what it's about.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 3rd Jul, 2004 - 2:44am / Post ID: #

Poem - The Writer
A Friend

Writer - Poem

Good poem, xue. The entire poem practically stinks of you and your personality (that's not a bad thing, mind) but it's a little angsty, methinks? Ah well. The ending is a bit jerky, but if that's the effect you meant for then it's fine. On the whole quite a nice poem, but the ending could be a little better. tongue.gif

Post Date: 3rd Jul, 2004 - 11:40am / Post ID: #

Poem - The Writer
A Friend

Poem - The Writer Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

Hmm.. Maybe. I mean, I usually leave it up to the reader. Yes, I've been having lots of problems with the ending.

But... ANGSTY? I mean, it was meant to be mocking and sarcastic, rather. Mocking angst, that is. Which makes everything an irony. Which was my point... But oh well. I'd been reading too much into nature poetry. -.-;;

Post Date: 29th Nov, 2004 - 3:10am / Post ID: #

Poem - The Writer
A Friend

Writer - Poem

I like it, it is really good. I myself write poems about love, life, and loss let me know if you want to hear some of them...

> TOPIC: Poem - The Writer

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,