Discussion about End Times events
Post Date: 22nd Jun, 2003 - 4:06pm / Post ID: #

The Rapture And Tribulations
A Friend

Your Religion: Catholic
Years a Member: since birth
Spiritual Activity: I try to go every week

The preacher at my husband's church (he belongs to a Nazarean church) was preaching about the rapture.  I am confused about this.  Confused about what the rapture is.  I asked my husband, but he says that the preacher just says stuff like that to get people to go to the alter to pray.  I don't believe that I have heard of the rapture spoken about in my church.  If anyone can, could someone explain to me what the rapture is?  

Also, is it possible for a person to feel like they are spiritually 'lost'?

Sponsored Links:
22nd Jun, 2003 - 9:57pm / Post ID: #

Tribulations Rapture The

I never heard about the word 'rupture' in a religion context. Maybe you can tell us more what exactly the preacher say about this 'rupture' so we can have an idea on what he means.

Also, is it possible for a person to feel like they are spiritually 'lost'?

Yes, it is possible. Specially when we are not doing what we are supposed to be doing (keeping the commandments), you feel 'different', yes, lost if we're away from the things that Heavenly Father wants us to do.

Post Date: 22nd Jun, 2003 - 10:27pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

The Rapture And Tribulations Revealed Bible The

The preacher was talking about how the 'rapture was upon us'.  Is he preaching about the end of the world and the second coming of Christ?  Or is it in reference something else?

As for the feeling spiritually 'lost', right now, I somewhat feel like I'm missing something.  Sorta like an empty feeling.  I go to church, and go to church with my husband, but here lately, I sorta 'lost'.  I believe that I am living right to the best I can by the commandments.  I pray alot and read from my Bible often, but I still feel 'lost'.

23rd Jun, 2003 - 12:01am / Post ID: #

Tribulations Rapture The

The preacher was talking about how the 'rapture was upon us'.  Is he preaching about the end of the world and the second coming of Christ?  Or is it in reference something else?

I have no idea, I never heard about it before. Maybe you can ask your hubby about it or the preacher himself! wink.gif.

As for the feeling spiritually 'lost', right now, I somewhat feel like I'm missing something.  Sorta like an empty feeling.  I go to church, and go to church with my husband, but here lately, I sorta 'lost'.  I believe that I am living right to the best I can by the commandments.  I pray alot and read from my Bible often, but I still feel 'lost'.

I know the feeling. Before joining my Church I felt that kind of emptiness that you're talking about but since then (16 years ago) I feel more completed than ever before. Did you ever wonder that maybe you're looking for something you're not sure what it is?. Sometimes we keep the commandments, read our scriptures and stuff but the action part is missing somehow. I would recommend you these three things:

1. Pray to Heavely Father, but talk to him and ask him guidance in the way you should go, ask him to give you what you need to feel completed spiritually.

2. Visit https://lds.org That's one of the web sites of my Church ;D

3. Do you know anybody, an individual or a family  in the neighboorhood who are really in need?. Make dinner or prepare some inexpensive gifts and just run to the door of these people with a cute anynomous note, ring the bell and run! wink.gif it's a great way of teaching your kids to know that there are people out there less fortunate than them and believe me, the feeling you get back from serving others is awesome!. Their smiles are priceless. Service will help you to get that feeling of fullness inside of you by putting the Gospel into action. smile.gif

Hope it helps ;D

Post Date: 23rd Jun, 2003 - 4:51am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Tribulations Rapture The

The Rapture is just another term for the Second coming of Christ.

As far as feeling lost.... I feel that way a lot. I "know" things intellectually. I know what the bible says. I know God is infinite and Awesome....... but my "feelings" get in the way and I feel lost.

I also "know" I am not supposed to go by feelings, but by facts stated in the bible....... but I still struggle.

23rd Jun, 2003 - 2:21pm / Post ID: #

Sky, faith is to believe in things we don't see but we know they're true. Don't take away your feelings, they play a very important part in our spirituality. When we tend to rationalize everything about God intelectually, we lose our ability to feel when the Hply Spirit is talking to us. I don't believe in blind faith either, I think must be a conjuction of bible study and personal revelation. How do you obtain personal revelation? by praying to Heavenly Father and ask Him the answers of the questions you may have. smile.gif

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
23rd Jun, 2003 - 2:42pm / Post ID: #

The Rapture Tribulations

I picture that when you feel empty and you seek for more and then when you turn to the basics of Heavenly Father you turn to his commandments and look at each one as a door  and as you open that door or look into each one you halfta think as to what they are saying and meaning and as you pray about each one you think and are inspired as to what they mean.  and as you learn you will grow in knowledge.  but the knowledge will not come to you unless you follow threw with the doing of what you learn.  and in that by itself its a long road ahead,  but its a beginning.   many people are not ready for the whole meaning of things but  as you are you will be given.  but its always up to the individuals desire.

Post Date: 23rd Jun, 2003 - 8:26pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

The Rapture Tribulations The Bible Revealed

Thank you everyone for helping to answer my questions.  I greatly appreciate it.  :)  Thank you Sky for clarifying what the rapture was.  :)

As for my feeling 'lost' I have felt this way for quite sometime.  I know this sounds bad, but I feel like I am not getting much out my church spiritually.  I go to my church, but I cannot participate fully in mass.  The church does not recognize my marriage with Todd, because this is my second marriage.  I don't understand why, but my mom says it's because I maybe divorced in the state's eyes from my ex-husband, but not in the church's eyes.  I have also gone thru the process for the church to anull my first marriage, only for the church to decline my request.  (I tried again to get it anulled before me and Todd got married, but the church declined me again.)  The reason they told me is that me and my ex-husband did not try hard enough to make our marriage work.  We did try to make it work (or shall I say, I tried to make it work), even went through counseling with the church.  But the differences between us were too great to work out.

I also go to my husband's church (he is a Nazarean) but I don't get much out of the service at his church either.  I feel like I am searching for God, Jesus, and to be filled with the Holy Spirit.  But cannot seem to find 'my place' so to speak.   This sounds silly to ask, but am I just searching too hard or am I going the wrong church?

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: The Rapture And Tribulations

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,