Testimonies I've Never Heard....

Testimonies I' Ve Heard - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 4th Jul, 2004 - 5:57pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 4th Jul, 2004 - 1:38pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

I've never heard any one bare their testimony that they know it's true that revelation can be received by placing a seer stone in a hat. How come no one bares their testimony that they know that the translation process by way of the seer stone being placed in a hat is true?

As today is fast sunday, would someone please bare their testimony that they know revelation can be received by placing a seer stone into a hat.

Sponsored Links:
4th Jul, 2004 - 3:18pm / Post ID: #

Heard Ive Testimonies

It sounds to me as if you've been reading some anti-Mormon material, my friend.

Have you prayed about your concerns? Do you have a testimony of the gospel?

These things that those people write - and they do it for money, and they are in the service of the devil - can be upsetting, but they are designed to upset you and lead you astray.

Instead of reading that nonsense, read the actual Church History, read members' journals from that time, read the Doctrine and Covenants. Don't turn your back on the Savior because of something you read that is designed to hurt your perception of the Church and Joseph Smith, and shatter your testimony.

And don't just take my word for it. Ask God. Get your own answer.

Roz

4th Jul, 2004 - 5:01pm / Post ID: #

Testimonies I've Never Heard.... Studies Doctrine Mormon

This board is for the uplifting of the Saints only. We welcome open, honest discussion, but will not tolerate any "anti" sentiment expressed here. If you want to discuss those matters, it can be done on this forum under the religions board, but not under the deep doctrine board. I take it from your screen name that you are not exactly a faithful member of the Church but are interested in discussing anti such sentiment. That is fine, on the proper board, which this is not.

4th Jul, 2004 - 5:57pm / Post ID: #

Heard Ive Testimonies

I don't understand why a person should share a testimony about whether the seer stones were placed on a hat or not, I see no relevance whatsoever to share a testimony about a 'hat'. I do see the need of sharing my testimony about my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, about His Atonement, about the greatest love of all that Heavenly Father feels for each one of us. Whether Joseph Smith placed the seer stones in a hat, or in his robes or bathroom, doesn't change anything.
Just for your information, Elder Russel N. Nelson have talked about it here:

https://library.lds.org/nxt/gateway.dll/Mag...20testament.htm

and I quoted:

"The details of this miraculous method of translation are still not fully known. Yet we do have a few precious insights. David Whitmer wrote:

"Joseph Smith would put the seer stone into a hat, and put his face in the hat, drawing it closely around his face to exclude the light; and in the darkness the spiritual light would shine. A piece of something resembling parchment would appear, and on that appeared the writing. One character at a time would appear, and under it was the interpretation in English. Brother Joseph would read off the English to Oliver Cowdery, who was his principal scribe, and when it was written down and repeated to Brother Joseph to see if it was correct, then it would disappear, and another character with the interpretation would appear. Thus the Book of Mormon was translated by the gift and power of God, and not by any power of man." (David Whitmer, An Address to All Believers in Christ, Richmond, Mo.: n.p., 1887, p. 12.)".

Just to show you that we are full aware of it, that the Church speaks about it and there is nothing to feel ashame of. But don't ask me to give a testimony about a hat, because I have a more important testimony to share, that is the divinity of the Gospel which I try to live every day.

> TOPIC: Testimonies I've Never Heard....

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,