Why Do You Think People Die?

Why People Die - General Religious Beliefs - Posted: 17th Apr, 2020 - 6:01pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Post Date: 15th Jul, 2004 - 11:49pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Why, when everything seems to be going right, does all of a sudden someone pass away. Does God not carea about all of the suffering everyone will go through? Does he not understand the pain?

God is awsome and it hurts me when people question him.

I think that God takes people from our lives to teach a lesson and to make a point.

What is your opinion on this?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 16th Jul, 2004 - 1:49am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Die People You Why

Death came because of the fall. People die because Adam sinned. Since Adem sinned everyone must die someday.
Why does God take poeple away from us? I think your somewhat right that he wants to teach us a lesson.

16th Jul, 2004 - 2:44am / Post ID: #

Why Do You Think People Die? Beliefs Religious General

Death is full of lessons.

The first lesson is that life is short whether one dies at 17 or at 80....Second, death reminds us that there is a spirit in man....Another lesson taught by death concerns the importance of eternal families. Just as there are parents to greet a newborn on earth, the scriptures teach that caring family members greet the spirits in paradise and assist them in the adjustments....
A fourth lesson, and perhaps the most important, concerns the purpose of life. To be meaningful, life must be more than the ephemeral pleasures of youth. There must be a plan. Death, even if accidental, must be part of the plan....Death teaches that we do not experience a fulness of joy in mortality and that everlasting joy can be achieved only with the assistance of the Master.

Merrill J. Bateman, "Healing Our Hearts," New Era, Apr. 1996, 47

I know where my family is, and I know where I hope to go. That makes the death of a loved one a little easier to bear.

16th Jul, 2004 - 3:08pm / Post ID: #

Die People You Why

There are a lot of different questions all tied up in the original questions:

Why, when everything seems to be going right, does all of a sudden someone pass away. Does God not carea about all of the suffering everyone will go through? Does he not understand the pain?

Why, when everything seems to be going right, does all of a sudden someone pass away.
There could be thousands of reasons. God allows us our agency. All mankind has agency. And, many times, the agency of one person infringes on the agency and life of another. So, if Harry gets into his car after drinking all night, and hits Joan, it is a consequence of Harry's choices. If Maggie has a sudden stroke, due to high blood pressure that she hasn't taken care of, then this may be a consequence of Maggie's choices - her exercise of her own agency.

Sometimes, people have severe health problems, that may or may not be evident. I have two brothers with severe birth defects, that are/were life threatening. Is this God's fault? Perhaps, in that He may have ordained that they have these defects to teach themselves, or other people some important things.

Related to this, I believe that we existed, with full awareness and intelligence, and that we may have had some say in the types of experiences we would go through, including some (or all) of the physical conditions.

Does God not carea about all of the suffering everyone will go through? Does he not understand the pain?
Of course he cares about the suffering. But who says that suffering is really BAD for us? It is only bad depending on what we do with the experience. It is entirely possible that such suffering is vital to the development of our characters. If, as I believe, one of the purposes of this life is to become like Christ (through the application of His Atonement, and with the assistance and guidance of the Holy Ghost), then perhaps such suffering can teach us compassion, charity, and patience, and help us to understand, to a tiny extent, the suffering that He went through.

He understands the pain far better than we could ever do. Jesus descended below all things, so that He could soften the blows for us, and provide the comfort that we need. Again, this pain can effect either good or bad, depending on how we deal with it.

Finally, death is a vital part of life. It is a change, from one state (mortality) to another. It is, really, only a temporary separation. Remember that this life is only a heartbeat in eternity.

29th Jul, 2004 - 1:36am / Post ID: #

Die People You Why

Why do people die? The simple answer is that if no one died the world would become so overcrowded as to make it a living hell. The other answer, what I believe is that in death God isn't so much taking your life away as giving you eternal life with him. Why is there so much suffering and doesn't God care? Yes, God cares, he cares very deeply for us, but we suffer because Adam and Eve broke his one and only rule. Some might say how could God hold a grudge for so long? Well, to my mind I think that God has no conception of time, to him a second is the same as a millennium, so for him original sin happened only a second ago. I believe this and it helps me cope with the loss of loved ones. It helped me when my brother died at age 11 and when my grandfather died at age 100. I think we are all born to die at a specific time and nothing or no one can change that. How else do you explain a plane crash that kills more than 200 people but leaves one survivor. For me it wasn't that person's time.

14th Apr, 2020 - 2:00pm / Post ID: #

It's the circle of life. Life and Death, it keeps the world going. Everything else is kind of a choice, I think.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
17th Apr, 2020 - 7:17am / Post ID: #

Why You People Die

I want to share a thought that it is not mine: people die so the newborns can have an opportunity to florish and outcome their parents.

17th Apr, 2020 - 6:01pm / Post ID: #

Why You People Die General Religious Beliefs

If we are speaking about death from old age or sickness not caused by another person, then it's just part of the 'circle of life' so to speak. We are born, we life, and then we die when our bodies cannot work anymore. If we are speaking about others killing others, I don't have anything to say. It depends on the circumstances. Mental health, views on the world, chemicals in our bodies, nature and nurture, and so many other things.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Why Do You Think People Die?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,