Your Avatar - Community News, FAQ, Feedback - Posted: 9th Mar, 2005 - 8:12pm

Register Login Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Add Reply Q
Top  Your Avatar
Post Date: 16th Jul, 2004 - 9:59am / Post ID: #

Your Avatar

Your Avatar

All Members can choose an Avatar to show in their Posts or Profile. Those who join from social networks may already have one. Do you like having your photo displayed on your threads? Do you prefer symbols instead? Is there a category of avatars you would like to see?

Also: How Do I Upload My Photo?

Information About Uploading Your Personal Avatar

You have three choices:

1. Use the International Forum Gallery.
2. Select one from the Avatar library: Edit Avatar
3. Get Admin to custom create one for you through Donations: Compare Membership

Image edited from MorgueFile public domain.

Attached Image
Post Date: 11 December 2018 - 7:56 am / Post ID: #

Your Avatar

Aristotle Quote "When people are friends, they have no need of justice, but when they are just, they need friendship in addition." -- Aristotle. Nicomachean Ethics.(VIII.1155a26). c. 325 BC.

Post Date: 16th Jul, 2004 - 1:00pm / Post ID: #

Member + Agent Zapper
[?] CPosts: 3,709
Avg: 0.8 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 21.6%
[+] Gain: 224.48 FP
Charm: 149

Your Avatar Feedback & FAQ News Community

I personally don't like looking at myself everytime I make a post, but from the feedback I have received, it seems that most members do like to see personal photos being used as an avatar. I can see that it adds a personal touch to one's posts. The selection of avatars available right now is very good; I wouldn't mind seeing some sports based symbols.

Post Date: 16th Jul, 2004 - 1:22pm / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect
[?] CPosts: 36,939
Avg: 8.0 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 100%
[+] Gain: 4,963.22 FP
Charm: 343

Sports icons is a good idea. I will have to make a note of that, but they will have to be general since I would end up having hundreds of sports to get pics for.

Post Date: 16th Jul, 2004 - 3:46pm / Post ID: #

Diamond + Author
Lifestyle
[?] CPosts: 3,526
Avg: 0.7 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 18.8%
[+] Gain: 200.00 FP
Charm: 225

I would prefer to use another avatar (my favorite is an adaptation of a Linux penguin), and have my photo available in a specific place - maybe even linked on every message. But then, that is just my own opinion.

Post Date: 16th Jul, 2004 - 7:16pm / Post ID: #

Member + Agent Zapper
[?] CPosts: 3,709
Avg: 0.8 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 21.6%
[+] Gain: 224.48 FP
Charm: 149

Your Avatar

Another suggestion for a category are the characters from Mortal Kombat. An old game I realize, but a good one (in my opinion). I am sure there are other Mortal Kombat fans out there. Right?

Post Date: 9th Mar, 2005 - 2:36pm / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect
[?] CPosts: 36,939
Avg: 8.0 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 100%
[+] Gain: 4,963.22 FP
Charm: 343

Your Avatar

Attached Image QUOTE
Malexander:  I personally don't like looking at myself everytime I make a post

Do not worry, it is only half the time now since Seraph shares it with you ;)

Attached Image QUOTE
Nighthawk: I would prefer to use another avatar

As a Platinum member you can request a morph, edit or merge to your avatar to have it more to your tastes.

Attached Image QUOTE
Malexander: I am sure there are other Mortal Kombat fans out there. Right?

I am sure there are, but it seems that they are not within this Community, but we do have one or two of them in the 'Fight' category.

Post Date: 9th Mar, 2005 - 6:46pm / Post ID: #

Member Writer
[?] CPosts: 243
Avg: 0.1 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 1.3%
[+] Gain: 200.00 FP
Charm: 25

Your Avatar

I like having my photo as an avatar. I belong to several forums where you must use their avatars. I like the fact that here it is possible to use a real photo. Of course there are some places I post to that I wouldn't want my real photo, the harassment factor is too high. Here I never worry about negative comments, this is one of the friendliest places to post and I do miss coming here as often as I used to.

Post Date: 9th Mar, 2005 - 8:12pm / Post ID: #

Dawnofthenew
Your Avatar
A Friend

Your Avatar Community News FAQ & Feedback

I agree with Malexander. Though I like having my photo displayed so that other's can put a face to what I post, it is not my favorite thing to see my picture every time I see a post of mine. Also, though I like to provide a glimpse of what I look like along with my posts, I can't necessarily tell anything about someone else by what they look. I just like seeing everyone's faces along with their posts, and it seems that some people feel that way too. I feel it gives it more of a personal touch, though I do like other avatars as well. I can kind of get a feel for the personality and/or interests of someone who uses symbols and other images for their avatars. I really like all of the avatars I have seen on the forum, but I do like pictures the most.

Guest please SHARE: "Your Avatar" on:

+  1 2 3 
Sponsored Links:

If you have input into "Your Avatar" do not be shy, give your input
Options Fast Reply Add Reply Add Poll

No Registration Required!

We welcome input from visitors:
Add Comment As A Guest
Guest, please be considerate by using the appropriate tags as well as checking your grammar before submitting or it will be deleted. See: Constructive Posting Policy.

Tip TIP: Press above button ONCE only. If you come back here via the [Back] button on your browser then you will need to click [More Options] button (below) first in order to re-enable your ability to Post.

> TOPIC: Your Avatar

Share:

Like:

Donate Compare Membership
International Discussions Coded by: BGID® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2018
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,

Top 20 Posters

1. News - 11 (18.33%)
2. Adventure - 8 (13.33%)
3. Krusten - 7 (11.67%)
4. Opinion - 5 (8.33%)
5. Hunter - 3 (5.00%)
6. UNCforlife - 3 (5.00%)
7. Chainedapart - 3 (5.00%)
8. ROK Harker - 2 (3.33%)
9. JB - 2 (3.33%)
10. Ammon - 2 (3.33%)
Win 125 FP: If you are the Top Poster by 12am GMT (8pm Atlantic) then 125 FP will automatically be added to your account! Other Top Posters get 50 FP! To review or learn more about this feature See Details. To rant about Post count go here: Post Count Rants.
Auto Updated: Hourly.
Next check: 16 Hr(s). 59 Mins.
11. Facebook - 1 (1.67%)
12. Blessed - 1 (1.67%)
13. Walter - 1 (1.67%)
14. Seraphina - 1 (1.67%)
15. SMF - 1 (1.67%)
16. Trans - 1 (1.67%)
17. Thundersen - 1 (1.67%)
18. Chaser - 1 (1.67%)
19. Factual - 1 (1.67%)
20. Gknightbc - 1 (1.67%)

Highlights

Russia vs USA: Russia Tactics versus U.S.A. Vs Russia Russia: 'The Evil Empire'? Are they all that bad or is it just the USA trying to portray Russia as bad because they are a world power with land bigger and a society very different from the USA ideal? By Prodigy 3.6 Days Ago Discuss It!
Global Warming: Natural Or Man-made?: global warming Global warming has been in and out as the "latest" hot topic for many years. It is, according to modern scientists, the result of man-made industrial pollutants, clearing forested areas, agriculture, etc. But now they are thinking it started way before the Industrial Revolution... By News 5.2 Days Ago Discuss It!
Stan Lee: Top  Stan Lee Comics By Flick 24th Nov, 2018 - 1:18pm Discuss It!
Kissing Up To The Boss In The Workplace: Top  Kissing Up Boss In Workplace By Reformist 22nd Nov, 2018 - 7:05pm Discuss It!
Donald Trump: Donald Trump President of the United States of America - Real Estate mogul, Pageant owner and now one of the most controversial men in political history. By Thundersen 22nd Nov, 2018 - 5:05pm Discuss It!
The Trump Immigration Wall: Political Controversy WARNING you may find the contents of this Thread offensive, view at your own discretion. By Reformist 21st Nov, 2018 - 12:16am Discuss It!
Men In Uniform - Authorized Excessive Violence: Political Controversy WARNING you may find the contents of this Thread offensive, view at your own discretion. By Pureyang 14th Nov, 2018 - 3:03pm Discuss It!
Your View On The Nature Of Interests: By News 4th Jul, 2018 - 7:30pm Discuss It!
Atheists Not To Be Feared!: New look at Atheists and their thinking - Atheism - Athiest - Do Not Believe In God By Gknightbc 18th Nov, 2017 - 5:34pm Discuss It!
Wide Screen Columns: Best of  Wide Screen Columns Users with wide screen monitors can benefit from more content on every page. By JB 14th Oct, 2017 - 12:32am Discuss It!
Offensive Trademarks: Best of  Offensive Trademarks By Abnninja 20th Jun, 2017 - 4:16pm Discuss It!

Updated every: 14 minutes