Your Avatar

Your Avatar - Community News, FAQ, Feedback - Posted: 9th Mar, 2005 - 8:12pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Top  Your Avatar
Post Date: 16th Jul, 2004 - 9:59am / Post ID: #

Your Avatar

Your Avatar

All Members can choose an Avatar to show in their Posts or Profile. Those who join from social networks may already have one. Do you like having your photo displayed on your threads? Do you prefer symbols instead? Is there a category of avatars you would like to see?

Also: How Do I Upload My Photo?

Information About Uploading Your Personal Avatar

You have three choices:

1. Use the International Forum Gallery.
2. Select one from the Avatar library: Edit Avatar
3. Get Admin to custom create one for you through Donations: Compare Membership

Image edited from MorgueFile public domain.

Your Avatar
Your Avatar (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
16th Jul, 2004 - 1:00pm / Post ID: #

I personally don't like looking at myself everytime I make a post, but from the feedback I have received, it seems that most members do like to see personal photos being used as an avatar. I can see that it adds a personal touch to one's posts. The selection of avatars available right now is very good; I wouldn't mind seeing some sports based symbols.

16th Jul, 2004 - 1:22pm / Post ID: #

Your Avatar Feedback & FAQ News Community

Sports icons is a good idea. I will have to make a note of that, but they will have to be general since I would end up having hundreds of sports to get pics for.

16th Jul, 2004 - 3:46pm / Post ID: #

I would prefer to use another avatar (my favorite is an adaptation of a Linux penguin), and have my photo available in a specific place - maybe even linked on every message. But then, that is just my own opinion.

16th Jul, 2004 - 7:16pm / Post ID: #

Another suggestion for a category are the characters from Mortal Kombat. An old game I realize, but a good one (in my opinion). I am sure there are other Mortal Kombat fans out there. Right?

9th Mar, 2005 - 2:36pm / Post ID: #

Your Avatar

international QUOTE
Malexander:  I personally don't like looking at myself everytime I make a post

Do not worry, it is only half the time now since Seraph shares it with you wink.gif

international QUOTE
Nighthawk: I would prefer to use another avatar

As a Platinum member you can request a morph, edit or merge to your avatar to have it more to your tastes.

international QUOTE
Malexander: I am sure there are other Mortal Kombat fans out there. Right?

I am sure there are, but it seems that they are not within this Community, but we do have one or two of them in the 'Fight' category.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
9th Mar, 2005 - 6:46pm / Post ID: #

Your Avatar

I like having my photo as an avatar. I belong to several forums where you must use their avatars. I like the fact that here it is possible to use a real photo. Of course there are some places I post to that I wouldn't want my real photo, the harassment factor is too high. Here I never worry about negative comments, this is one of the friendliest places to post and I do miss coming here as often as I used to.

Post Date: 9th Mar, 2005 - 8:12pm / Post ID: #

Your Avatar
A Friend

Your Avatar Community News FAQ & Feedback

I agree with Malexander. Though I like having my photo displayed so that other's can put a face to what I post, it is not my favorite thing to see my picture every time I see a post of mine. Also, though I like to provide a glimpse of what I look like along with my posts, I can't necessarily tell anything about someone else by what they look. I just like seeing everyone's faces along with their posts, and it seems that some people feel that way too. I feel it gives it more of a personal touch, though I do like other avatars as well. I can kind of get a feel for the personality and/or interests of someone who uses symbols and other images for their avatars. I really like all of the avatars I have seen on the forum, but I do like pictures the most.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Your Avatar

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,