Defense Of Home

Defense Home - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 31st Jan, 2005 - 8:33am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 16th Jul, 2004 - 10:19am / Post ID: #

Defense Of Home

To what degree should someone have the right to defend their home - til even killing an intruder? What if the intruder does not plan to kill you, but is merely stealing? In some countries just being on someone's land illegally can get you killed within the law. What are your thoughts?

Sponsored Links:
16th Jul, 2004 - 3:51pm / Post ID: #

Home Defense

I think that the homeowner or resident should be able to defend their home, up to and including deadly force. There is no way that a person in their home could possibly be able to ascertain whether or not an intruder meant physical harm to the residents.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 854 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 85.4%

16th Jul, 2004 - 5:49pm / Post ID: #

Defense Of Home History & Civil Business Politics

I agree with Nighthawk. Of course, morally you must judge each situation by its circumstance - but the law should always give the benefit of doubt to the one whose rights have been violated by trespass.

Dubhdara.

International Level: Junior Politician / Political Participation: 100 ActivistPoliticianJunior Politician 10%

16th Jul, 2004 - 6:46pm / Post ID: #

Home Defense

If a person enters one's home uninvited, then one should have the ability to take matters into one's own hands. If this leads to death of the intruder, the homeowner should be given the benefit of the doubt.

International Level: Envoy / Political Participation: 241 ActivistPoliticianEnvoy 24.1%

31st Jan, 2005 - 8:33am / Post ID: #

Home Defense

I have never accidentally entered the house of a stranger. I am even careful entering the houses of people I know (knock or ring doorbells). Actually, I am unsure of a event that would cause me to enter a house of a stranger without being invited in.

There are consequences for all actions. For entering someone else's house uninvited, it may be death - depending on your intentions. Of course, you cannot sit out on the front porch of your house shooting anyone that steps on your property, but entering the house is a NO-NO. As far as I am concerned, a criminals rights pretty much ended when the broke into the house.

Just a thought,

Vincenzo

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 863 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 86.3%

> TOPIC: Defense Of Home

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,