Thunderbird Opening Twice

Thunderbird Opening Twice - Computer Issues, Video Gaming - Posted: 27th Dec, 2012 - 11:08pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Two Thunderbirds Open At The Same Time
15th Jun, 2012 - 1:00pm / Post ID: #

If you ever get the problem of Thunderbird opening twice when you only click on the icon once then its probably due to the Minimize Add On.

Here is what to do. In Thunderbird disable the addon and close Thunderbird.

Then open Thunderbird and close the extra Thunderbird that is open. Close Thunderbird.

Then open Thunderbird, should just be one that opens now and enable the Minimize addon.

Sponsored Links:
18th Jun, 2012 - 3:11pm / Post ID: #

Twice Opening Thunderbird

I used to have the problem big time with Thunderbird but solved it with this thanks so mcuh man because it was getting kind of irritating to have the extra icons in my system tray.

Post Date: 14th Sep, 2012 - 10:03am / Post ID: #

Thunderbird Opening Twice Gaming Video & Issues Computer

Name: MyNameHasNumbers

Title: Thunderbird Twice Open

Comments: When I run Thunderbird it shows to windows with exact same folders.

If I close one of them the other is also closed.

I have no AddOns so I do not have add-on MinimizeToTray neither no one similar... I have zero add-ons.

More, if I tell it on help menu to start with all add-ons deactivated it also opens twice.

On task list manager there is only one process for Thunderbird, but it shows two main windows.

I have updated to version 15.0.1 and the problem persists.

And if I go to Tools -> Console errors I can see something weird:
-Any time mouse pointer go out of button (Receive) a warning appears telling something about The box XUL of element _moz_generated_content_before bla bla bla #text bla bla bla...

If I clear such list, close and reopen again twice windows are shown... And if I go to error console window, there are a lot of warnings about XUL and some about not use of Mutation and instead use MutationObserver and also some that says that an empty string has been passed to getElementById()

Just in case that info can help.

I found no solution yet.

Post Date: 14th Sep, 2012 - 10:30am / Post ID: #

Name: MyNameHasNumbers

Title: Thunderbird Open Twice

Comments: SOLVED: Thunderbird opens twice

HowTo:
0.- Close Thunderbird if it is running

1.- Go to folder :\\...\\AppData\\Roaming\\Thunderbird (in Windows7 it is:
:\\Users\\\\AppData\\Roaming\\Thunderbird

2.-Open with Notepad the file profiles.ini

3.-On section called [General] edit StartWithLastProfile=1 and put StartWithLastProfile=0 (change the 1 to 0)

4.-Save the file but do not close it (later on the change will be undone)

4.-Open Thunderbird (the problem now do not appears)

5.-Undo the change and save the file profiles.ini

6.-Restart Thunderbird (close and re-open it), the problem of opening twice does not appear.

7.-Close the Notepad

That worked for me and solved the problem of getting Two main windows... Now only one.

Notes: I do not know why that fixed the problem since the file profiles.ini is as it was before (that was the reason to not close notepad on all the process, to ensure no changes are made to the file when finishing patching).

Hope this can help someone... At least it helped me...

Note: Do not ask me how I thought about changing that character on such file, I neither know it... I was really probing madness changes, in other words, change everything I can change (one at same time) and test... When I changed that one it got fixed so I try to restore and see if problem re-appears but not.

Post Date: 16th Dec, 2012 - 1:37pm / Post ID: #

Name: NiS

Comments: What I did:
ON THE TASK BAR: right click one and choose "Close" item.
The selected Thunderbird closes but NOT the other (as it happens with the close box).
Then only one window opens when launching Thunderbird. Didn't have a chance to check further.

Post Date: 19th Dec, 2012 - 10:02pm / Post ID: #

Name: Fcbs

Title: Thunderbird twice

Comments: The best for now It works

The best fix until version 17.1 comes out is to minimize both windows and close one from the task bar (right-click and close). [..] I did it a few days ago and the problem hasn't come back.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 27th Dec, 2012 - 11:08pm / Post ID: #

Name: Kiera

Comments: As far as I know, just minimize both windows and right click + close one. I'm seconding the last reply to this thread. It may take a few tries, though. Restarting your computer doesn't hurt, either.

> TOPIC: Thunderbird Opening Twice

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,