I-pod Reviewed

I-pod Reviewed - Computer Issues, Video Gaming - Posted: 14th Aug, 2004 - 9:18pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
4th Generation Ipod Released Today!
19th Jul, 2004 - 8:36pm / Post ID: #

I-pod Reviewed

ref https://money.cnn.com/2004/07/19/technology...dex.htm?cnn=yes

Apple released its 4th generation iPod today which features longer battery life and more capacity for songs. Are you a participant in the iPod craze? What about MP3 players in general; are they taking over where walkmans and portable CD players have left off?

Sponsored Links:
12th Aug, 2004 - 11:26pm / Post ID: #

Reviewed I-pod

That page is not available - maybe they moved it to an archive, but what is the iPod craze anyways?

14th Aug, 2004 - 6:28pm / Post ID: #

I-pod Reviewed Gaming Video & Issues Computer

After all the RIAA litigations began stemming from the Napster fiascos, Apple computers came out with the iPod, a digital music player that would revolutionize the world of digital music. The iPod supposedly offers the best quality sound available in such a small device, and with offerings for both Mac and Windows users, and a generous offering of music through its iTunes program, it has become the epitome of portable music players. To date, the iPod has sold over 600,000 which averages about 1 per minute in sales. Stores cannot keep them in stock. The mini-iPod is now available, a smaller version which is available in different colors not available in the original. Now the 4th generation iPod has been released. Duke University was recently in the news for giving each of their incoming freshmen students a mini-iPod and offering language and other classes in digitized format that they can listen too on these devices. This is the craze I refer too!

14th Aug, 2004 - 7:39pm / Post ID: #

Reviewed I-pod

That sounds good, as you can see with my ignorance it is not something readily available down here, but I am sure the music industry is doing its' best to shut it down or am I wrong?

14th Aug, 2004 - 7:50pm / Post ID: #

Reviewed I-pod

No need to apologize JB, I have to realize sometimes that in Trinidad the 'obvious' for us Americans is not so obvious there. I apologize and appreciate the questions which keeps me in check. No, the music industry is not going to come after this one. The iTunes program I mentioned before is a pay-per-song one, so there is money being exchanged, whereas Napster and others were all peer to peer file sharing, and therefore no money was changing hands. iTunes and iPod are here to stay for a long time I'm afraid.

14th Aug, 2004 - 7:59pm / Post ID: #

I-pod Reviewed

What is the cost of the unit and the cost per song, and once you pay for the song is there a time limit?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
14th Aug, 2004 - 8:18pm / Post ID: #

I-pod Reviewed

The cost for the device depends on the model you buy. A 20GB iPod is about US $299, a 40GB about $399. The mini iPod is $249 US and has a 4GB drive. The songs cost 99 cents each. I am not sure what you mean about the time limit. Once you pay for the song, you download it to the iPod and it resides on the hard drive. You get the full song. An average song is a couple of MB in size.

14th Aug, 2004 - 9:18pm / Post ID: #

I-pod Reviewed Computer Issues & Video Gaming

Wow, they are pricey. What I meant by time limit is some exchanges allow you to 'keep' the download for a limited number of days or weeks as a reason to keep prices low 9then you are expected to delete it - like if anyone does that), but you have already explained how it is kept. Thanks.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: I-pod Reviewed

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,