LadySaoirse Introduction - Page 3 of 3

QUOTE (I'm assuming, since I didn't - Page 3 - Introductions, Member Sharing - Posted: 27th Sep, 2012 - 3:16pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Post Date: 27th Sep, 2012 - 3:05pm / Post ID: #

LadySaoirse Introduction
A Friend

LadySaoirse Introduction - Page 3

Thank you for your prompt response.

Is there a way to converse 'publicly' with another member if private messages are not allowed for one or both of the members? Sometimes people make comments and I would like to continue lines of thought or other topics with these members but there doesn't seem a way to do that on this site. (?)

I like the site and compliment you on it. I would donate if I had money to do so and even looked at that page to see the cost of receiving extra 'privileges', but I live on disability fixed income, no spare money for upgrading my membership; any extra money I have goes on supporting my autistic grandson's 'interests'. (I'm not complaining, I'm happy he has interests and is doing better)

As far as 'off topic' conversations, I've spent quite a bit of time just reading many of your old threads out of interest. It's really not a big deal I would need to go back and find examples to try to nit pick with you about, that's not at all my intent. Nor do I want other members to be 'corrected' long after the fact. It just seemed to me there were places people had brief friendly exchanges that weren't completely about the thread title and it was deemed acceptable (I'm assuming, since I didn't see any moderation).
Corsava's post might be an example of someone going off-topic without public administrative comments, I suppose.
However, I liked her and some of the other members (from their posts) and would like to have been able to 'go off on a tangent' or have less restricted discussions with them. So, this is not permitted unless our memberships are upgraded? Or can you suggest a way to handle this situation that doesn't involve money I don't have?

I appreciate your time. I realize you are busy and I'm not the only member you have to deal with today, or only thing on your "To Do" list. Big thanks if you can tell me how you want this situation handled or if I must just limit myself and not have further discussions with members other than dictated by the thread, I will follow your wishes and site rules the best I can (hopefully get better at it with time).

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 27th Sep, 2012 - 3:16pm / Post ID: #

Introduction LadySaoirse

international QUOTE
(I'm assuming, since I didn't see any moderation)

Moderation here tends to be lightning fast because the content of this community is displayed on multiple domains and sites, not just here so we have to ensure its all good.

If you want to converse with a member in a more personable manner then go to their intro thread. Just like you have one, everyone has one. However intro threads should not be a means to discuss items where there are already designated topics for that. For instance you would not use an intro thread to discuss Romney vs Obama because there is already a thread for that.

No worries about upgrading / donating. I'm just answering your question as to why you could not private message anyone. Everything here is provided free.

international QUOTE
Corsava's post might be an example of someone going off-topic without public administrative comments, I suppose.

No, just like you... A moderator corrected him: Source 8 Just because you do not see it happening does not mean it isn't.

My suggestion to you is to really look over the links and info given to you in this thread and not merely glance it over. For instance I gave you a link about how to do offtopic and quotes, do look it over so you will know how to do it next time. Alternatively if there is someone close to you, then you can invite them to the community as well and they maybe able to help you at your computer.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: LadySaoirse Introduction

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,