Dungeons & Dragons Oliron's Players Hub - Page 9 of 11

Bruconero, I deleted it for you but when you - Page 9 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 4th Oct, 2012 - 9:32am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

20th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Rogue
Rogue
Warlock
Warlock
Barbarian
Barbarian
Wizard
Wizard
Ranger
Ranger
Cleric
Cleric
Draconian
Draconian
Paladin
Paladin
Fighter
Fighter

+  « First of 11 pgs.  5 6 7 8 9 10 11 
Closed
General Thread for anyone wanting to have a RPG player character in Dungeons & Dragons with Oliron as DM
30th Sep, 2012 - 11:39am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons Oliron's Players Hub - Page 9

Hello everybody. I'm almost ready with my character for the Kamdrog game but I have a couple of minor problems I wasn't able to solve yet. I was used to the 2nd edition of [Dungeons & Dragons] with no features and a very simplified skills system. Manually creating my character, since the generator doesn't work with my old and sluggish mobile phone, I got stuck on two points. Browsing around, I learned that skills fall into three categories: class, general and cross-class skills with the first two costing one point per rank while the latter requires two points per rank. The player's handbook doesn't talk about general skills so I would like to ask if we will use them here and, if yes, which skills are general. About features: the wizard's weapon proficiency [with] club, dagger etc is automatic or I have to spend a point on it? Thanks for the attention.

Sponsored Links:
30th Sep, 2012 - 6:20pm / Post ID: #

Hub Players Olirons Dragons and Dungeons

You are automatically proficient with those mundane weapons. General skills are skills that anyone can use. They are basic like, jump, swim, crafting, and stuff like that.

I'll leave a link here to the skills. Source 2

1st Oct, 2012 - 5:38pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons Oliron's Players Hub Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Ok, I'm ready. I'm in an internet cafe' because it would be a pain posting a character using my cell phone (for normal text is possible but I can't write a list-like post with it). My compliments for the website! Is the first time I see it in it's full version. Good job!

By the way, I tried to use the character generator here and it gave me different results from those I got manually creating my alter-ego. Doesn't recognize general skills and doesn't allow me to pick "Scribe scrolls" as a free feature for first level wizards (bonus features maybe are not free but only features that become available at a certain level?).
I will post my manually created character, counting general skills the same way as cross-class skills (2 points=1 rank) and taking "Scribe scrolls" for free. In case of mistake, could you please edit my post adding 1 unused point to each general skill and removing the "Spell focus" feature (if the features are too many)? The problem is I live far from the internet cafe' and I don't know when I could come back here to post a revised version of my character.... Sorry for being annoying with all my questions and requests.
A final note: I generated the ability scores with the 4d6 system, dropping the lowest one, but I swapped the dexterity and intelligence values (originally the natural 18 was on dexterity). If that's not allowed, I will come back with a different version of the character.

Character: Matteo Nicholas Age: 22 Height: 183cm Weight: 78kg
Player: Bruconero
Human Wizard (Conjurer) lvl 1 Specialization: Conjuration Forbidden Schools: Illusion, Necromancy
Alignment: Neutral Good
Religion: Boccob
Strengt: 15 (+2)
Dexterity: 16 (+3)
Constitution: 11 (0)
Intelligence: 18 (+4)
Wisdom: 6 (-2)
Charisma: 10 (0)
Base Attack Bonus: 0 Melee: (0 +2Str) +2 Ranged: (0 +3Dx) +3
AC: 10 +3Dx
Hp: 4
Fortitude: 0 Reflex: (0 +3Dx) 3 Will: (2 -2Wis) 0
Languages: Common, Elven, Dwarven, Undercommon, Yowish (local language of Matteo's native land, only useful for roleplaying)

Skills:
Concentration: 4 Spellcraft: 4 (+4Int) Craft Alchemy: 4 (+4Int) Knowledge Arcana: 4 (+4Int) Decipher Script: 4 (+4Int) Swim: 1 (+2Str) Jump: 1 (+2Str) Climb: 1 (+2Str) (+3Familiar) Balance: 1 (+3Dx)

Features:
Weapon Proficiency: club, dagger, light crossbow, heavy crossbow, quarterstaff
Summon Familiar (bonus feature) Scribe scrolls (bonus feature) Combat casting Spell focus conjuration

Familiar:
Name: Dinocil Race: Lizard

Equipment (<66lb unencumbered 67lb-133lb Light 134lb-200lb Medium >200lb Heavy
Coins: Platinum 0 Gold 1 Silver 3 Copper 8 Total Weight: 64lb

Quarterstaff (1d6\1d6-1) 4lb (Used as a walking stick or stored diagonally between the backpack and the shoulders of Matteo. One of the edges is worn and needs some repairs)
10xDagger (1d4) 10lb (Set of daggers bearing a silvery carved Q on the handle. 6 in the backpack, 2 on the two sides of the belt and 2 each hidden in a boot)
Leather pants, leather boots, leather belt, a white simple shirt with long sleeves and a brown hooded cloak 5lb

Backpack 2lb:
2xClub (1d6) 6lb Bedroll (on top of backpack) 5lb Winter blanket 3lb 5xCandle 0,5lb Scroll case (containing a letter from Master Ignazio) 0,5lb Scroll case (empty) 0,5lb Chalk Crowbar 5lb Flint and steel Vial of black ink Inkpen 5xPaper sheet 5xParchment sheet 5xDaily dry ration 5lb Silken rope 50ft 5lb Soap 1lb Waterskin 4lb Wizard Spellbook (23/100 pages used) 3lb 2xTorch 2lb

Belt Pouch 0,5lb (contains coins) (center-left of the belt)
Spell component pouch 2lb (center-right of the belt)

Known Spells:
Lvl 0: Resistance Acid Splash Detect Poison Detect Magic Read Magic Daze Dancing Lights Flare Light Ray of Frost Mage Hand Mending Message Open/Close Arcane Mark Prestidigitation
Lvl 1: Grease Mage Armor Summon Monster I Identify M Burning Hands Magic Missile Feather Fall

Memorized Spells:
0: Detect Magic, Prestidigitation, Mending spc: Acid Splash
1: Feather Fall, Burning Hands spc: Grease

If the character will be approved, I would like to make an introduction in the game thread, if possible. I will describe the arrival and make him end up in an inn. After that, I will be in the hands of the dm biggrin.gif

1st Oct, 2012 - 6:38pm / Post ID: #

Page 9 Hub Players Olirons Dragons and Dungeons

Everything looks really good, I can tell you spent some time on it. This is probably one of the best character detailed character I have seen.

Feel free to start whenever your ready, you can start on the path in the forest if you want. The party is currently out there hunting centipedes and I don't know how long it will be until they are back in town. It could take as much as two weeks real time even though it's only a day game time.

3rd Oct, 2012 - 7:09pm / Post ID: #

Hub Players Olirons Dragons and Dungeons

Isn't there such thing in Dungeons & Dragons a party leader? Sometimes I observe the other games and the people who posts in them and I noticed that I don't see any "Leaderships". When becoming the leader you have to do extra stuff more than the non-leader?

Sorry to interrupt you Oliron with some questions.

3rd Oct, 2012 - 11:46pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons Oliron's Players Hub

I'm glad you asked and happy to answer. I am more of a tabletop GM in that I like the free-flow of it. If the group wishes to appoint a leader I will have them as such, and whatever rules you apply to his/her post.

I have tried the party leader thread system before but felt it was not in line with my style. However if you wish to appoint someone as a leader whose post I follow as the parties action after some designed duration I'm good with that. That player should post some symbol before the party action.

Example _ PA: The party moves ahead.

I already would have the individual actions and rolls of the other players, but the party leader would be telling me what the main thing of what you are doing is.

Reconcile Edited: Oliron on 3rd Oct, 2012 - 11:50pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
4th Oct, 2012 - 7:15am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons Oliron's Players Hub - Page 9

Sorry, looks like I double-posted again. Sometimes my phone says "Connection to server lost" and acts like if I lost all the data too. But when I reopen the thread to write again my reply I find out that is already there, two copies of it. Is there a way to wipe out the undesired clone by myself?

Post Date: 4th Oct, 2012 - 9:32am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons Oliron's Players Hub D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 9

Bruconero, I deleted it for you but when you have support requests please use your introduction thread for them so threads do not go off topic into something only you are experiencing. It may be wise to also first check if your post made it through rather than trying to re-post again.

+  « First of 11 pgs.  5 6 7 8 9 10 11 

> TOPIC: Dungeons & Dragons Oliron's Players Hub

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.