Alma 30 - Page 2 of 2

Thanks for the replies. Makes sense to me - Page 2 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 27th Jul, 2004 - 7:57pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
We learn what to do about the Anti-Christ
27th Jul, 2004 - 4:05am / Post ID: #

Alma 30 - Page 2

I'd be interested to see any theories on this. I'll need them in writing please.

One of the theories I have read is that the Chief Judge knew exactly what he was doing when he extended his hand and wrote. He was preparing a legal document, a confession. He mentioned 3 times the sign that Korihor got from the Lord and he asked him twice if he believed and then Korihor with his own hand writing finished the 'document' by confessing he knew there was a God, he admitted teaching to the people the words of Satan because they were pleased to the 'carnal mind' and he acknowledge it was the power of the Almighty who had taken away his speech.
So now, the Chief Judge and Alma had evidence against him, not to send him to jail (because the law could not hold anybody because of their believes) but to help those who have been astray and believed in Korihor's words. In verse 57 of the same chapter specifically says that the news about Korihor was immediatly published throughout the land and the Chief Judge called the people to repent. We know the end of the story. He never truly repented and finally died.

https://www.google.tt/search?q=cache:mThvKg...b+or+deaf&hl=en

Sponsored Links:
27th Jul, 2004 - 8:53am / Post ID: #

Alma

Gaucho,

I have thought of that too and came to pretty much the same conclusion as LDS-Forever...it was a written record, a confession, something that could be published written by and not about Korihor.

Dubhdara.

Post Date: 27th Jul, 2004 - 7:57pm / Post ID: #

Alma 30
A Friend

Alma 30 Studies Doctrine Mormon

Thanks for the replies. Makes sense to me that the chief judge wanted a written record, including his questions so the people would see he was a fraud.

If you thing about it, Alma the Younger and Korihor had very similar experiences. They both went about deceiving the people, getting many to believe their foolish doctrine, leading many away from the truth, were both struck down by the power of God. But two totally different outcomes. Korihor did admit his crimes, confessed there was a God, as did Alma, but apparently, Alma repented and changed his life while Korihor did not have a change of heart.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Alma 30

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,