Elder David B. Haight Passes Away 31st July 2004

Elder David B Haight Passes 31st July 2004 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 2nd Aug, 2004 - 4:44am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

31st Jul, 2004 - 3:14pm / Post ID: #

Another dear Apostle passed away.... cry.gif

SALT LAKE CITY - Elder David B. Haight, a member of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, passed away at 4:15 this morning of causes incident to age. Family members were with him at his home at the time of his passing.

At 97, he was the oldest living apostle. His death comes just ten days after the passing of Elder Neal A. Maxwell.

Elder David B. Haight was named to the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints on 8 January 1976. Elder Haight had served as an Assistant to the Twelve since 6 April 1970....

https://lds.org/newsroom/showrelease/0,1550...1-19896,00.html

Reconcile Edited: LDS_forever on 31st Jul, 2004 - 3:15pm

Sponsored Links:
31st Jul, 2004 - 6:31pm / Post ID: #

July st Passes Haight B David Elder

Wow, is the Lord preparing us for a new era? I actually thought that Elder Haight would be the next in line before Elder Maxwell, he was very elderly. I wonder what Pres. Hinckley thinks about all his friends passing before him?

31st Jul, 2004 - 8:09pm / Post ID: #

Elder David B. Haight Passes Away 31st July 2004 Studies Doctrine Mormon

There have been several deaths in my ward lately (about the last 6 months), and I've known a few people at work who've had family die (3 I think) at work in the last two months, one of our company's directors and several people I know of on the political scene.

It's been a year of many deaths.

I do hope it's just me wink.gif

Dubhdara.

1st Aug, 2004 - 3:27pm / Post ID: #

This is amazing.. (And just when I had got all the names of the Apostles straight...)

Now how do they elect new Apostles? from the pool of GAs?

You're right, dubhdara, it's been a year for significant deaths.

Roz

Post Date: 2nd Aug, 2004 - 4:44am / Post ID: #

A Friend

It will be interesting to see who the two new Apostles will be. Among the current Quorum there are several more getting up there in age so we may see a few more pas away in the next few years. I wonder if maybe they will select a younger man, say in his 40's as one of the replacements? In recent memory, all apostles have been quite elderly, maybe it's time for some younger men to take their place.

> TOPIC: Elder David B. Haight Passes Away 31st July 2004

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,