What If Your Unborn Child Was Brain Dead?

What Unborn Child Brain Dead - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 17th May, 2014 - 9:49pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Hypothetical Question - Would you still have your unborn if you knew she would have a damaged brain?
Post Date: 26th Jul, 2004 - 1:22am / Post ID: #

If you found out through the use of modern technology that your unborn child would not be able to speak, understand what you are saying, learn, or move her limbs will you still have her or would you seek an abortion based on the circumstances?

Sponsored Links:
26th Jul, 2004 - 1:44am / Post ID: #

Dead Brain Child Unborn Your What

If you found out through the use of modern technology that your unborn child would not be able to speak, understand what you are saying, learn, or move her limbs will you still have her or would you seek an abortion based on the circumstances?

Yes, I will still have the child without no doubt in my mind. I have heard so many life experiences of doctors telling the parents of children that they will never be able to walk or talk or do anything and you will not believe that these same children have been blessed so much and the love that their parents felt for them make them to want to talk, to want to walk and that desire become a reality. I have find by personal experience that those 'special' children (physical or mentally handicapped) have such a special love! I have been very close to several of them and everytime they hugged me or kissed me or if I did it if they did not understand, I could felt their special soul inside saying to me 'You know, I'm here!'
Without NO doubt, I will definetly have that child....

26th Jul, 2004 - 3:14am / Post ID: #

What If Your Unborn Child Was Brain Dead? Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

I agree with LDS_Forever -- I've seen and felt the special spirit locked within those little bodies. It would be incredibly difficult, but who knows what lessons we are to learn, the gifts we are to receive, the love we would never know if the decision were made to just end that life? I couldn't do that. One family from my church adpoted a child just like you describe --- ADOPTED!! Knew beforehand, and still took her in. And the mom told me once that the little girl was like "a bird in a cage" -- trapped in her own body (caged), but still would sing a beautiful song.

Roz

Post Date: 30th Jul, 2004 - 6:49am / Post ID: #

A Friend

I'm already a mother of a special needs child, so I'd have to think long and hard about this. Even though my son is blessed in having the abilities of communication, mobility, and being able to feed himself, there are so many challenges. All the medical issues, the constant lifelong care of rearing a child without even these basics would be herculean. Certainly nothing to be taken lightly. But then again, being a mother, I would most likely keep the child and try to give him/her the best life possible.

30th Jul, 2004 - 6:25pm / Post ID: #

I am strongly against abortion in the first place so there is no doubt that I would have the baby. I have to believe there is a reason that the Lord chose for the baby to be this way, and it is no right of mine to choose otherwise. Like fugitive stated, it would be very, very difficult to raise such a child, but our family would have to find the strength to do the best job we could.

31st Jul, 2004 - 1:13am / Post ID: #

I made the choice not to become a parent. I have never regretted that decision, even though I made it before I ever met my husband. That said, I would definitely have the child should I become pregnant. Technology has advanced so far that the fact that a child will be deformed is irrelevant. I don't know if I would be up to the task of raising such a child. I would seek to place that child in a family that could give it everything she or he needs. I would take the time to place that child in a home where it would be loved no matter what. I personally believe that giving a child up for adoption is a much more difficult choice than abortion. I will always vote pro-choice, but I would always choose life, no matter what the outcome. I know in my heart that I would not be a good mother, it's just too bad that too many people have children because they think they must. Or worse because they are just too lazy to take the precautions necessary. I guess I remember how Helen Keller grew up, she was handicapped not by her disability but by the people who thought she couldn't learn. Where there is life there is hope, that is my philosophy.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 18th Jan, 2005 - 2:27pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

What Your Unborn Child Brain Dead

It would honestly have to depend. I already have children, and things are hard enough as it is. Luckily, since I had to have a hysterectomy that will not be a decision I will ever be foreced to make. I did have a child who was born with a rare infantile form of Muscular Dystrophy, Werdnig-Hoffman syndrome, and died when he was almost six months old, but he was not brain damaged or anything like that, it was his body that failed him. I have tutored autistic children and babysat children with Downs syndrome..but to have a child with absolutely no awareness? I don't know if I could handle that. I know that if I found out I was pregnant with a child with nothing but a brain stem I would carry it to term to donate the organs to save other infants lives..

Post Date: 17th May, 2014 - 9:49pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

What Your Unborn Child Brain Dead Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews

Thinking He Was Brain Dead Family Was Set to Give Away His Organs, Then He Held Up Two Fingers

LifeNews has repeatedly profiled cases where doctors may too quickly began cutting up patients who are not really dead to begin harvesting their organs for donations.

These kinds of cases have happened before, as supposedly "brain dead" patients have come back to life just before having their vital organs taken from them after prematurely being declared dead. Ref. Source 8

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: What If Your Unborn Child Was Brain Dead?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,