Care To Share Your Story..

Care Share Story - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 30th Nov, 2004 - 9:05pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 27th Jul, 2004 - 9:26pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Just something I thought Id let out..

You know your one true best friend in the world? The one that would never turn their back on you, the one that was always there no matter what the situation, the one that would take the blame for you, and the one that would be on your side no matter how hopeless it seemed..?

Yeah, you probally have an idea of the one I mean. Now, think of that friend, think of all the fun things you two did together, all the past memories, you know, the ones of camping, sleep overs, watching movies, going out, getting in trouble, telling secrets that you never tell anyones, and planning your futures together.

Well now let me tell you about my closest, best, most loved friend that I had.

Her name is Ashley, or Ash as I usually called her. She is a year younger then myself and is the exact same size. Our personalities were both alike, we were into the same things, it was like meeting yourself, only they had their own opinion on things.

At the time I was in grade 8, she was in grade 7. I had a best friend then, her name was Bev, she was like me also, except she was really slim and beautiful but that made no difference between us.

Bev and I noticed the new girl, ofcourse and welcomed her into our 'group', we ended up going to a dance together, there we sat, talked, danced, and really got to know each other quiet well. Throughout the year we got to know each other even more. Durring the last few months of school Bev dropped out and took home schooling, we just sort of lost contact after awhile. I turned to Ash for a close friendship, after that we were unseperatable, kind of like best friends till the end.

The next year of school started, we hung out every day after school and weekend. I helped her with babysitting her baby brother and sister, and I liked to do her dishes. I felt like family, I could get along with her parents and grandparents, she was like the younger sister I never had and I was the older sister she never had.

I helped her through loss of family members, jobs, boyfriends, and old friends. She was always there for me aswell.

Whenever we were sad we would bring one another chocolate.

I left the Junior High after that and went on to Highschool about half an hour away, it was harsh on me, coming from a school of 100 to a school of 1500, I had no friends there, I was scared. I managed through the first half of the year but by the second semester I was about to break down, which I did. I just couldnt face them any more. I was scared. I made no new friends durring the first half of the year. I had wished Ash to be there.

I dropped, I planned to start up next year with Ash, it would be great I thought.

But then, her family decided to move to a bigger city about an hour away. Well this just crushed all our plans and my hopes of returning to school. She moved in with us for last month of school but then she left to join her family for the summer, get used to her new place.

On the day she left we hugged, cried, and then she jumped into her dads truck and they drove away.

The first little while was really depressing but that soon passed with the new school year approaching, I had made a new friend that was going there and he promised to stick by me, I still missed Ash.

durring the school year I would go and visit Ash, but she would hardly ever come out and see her old friends, it made me sad.

Ash got a new boyfriend and barely came out any more, she stopped calling, stopped talking to me on the phone.. We were losing contact.

I turned my attention to something new, my friend Kelly, hes now my boyfriend.

One night while surfing the web Ash logged onto msn, I ahd just sent her a FWD email saying 'Tell all your friends you love them, even if you dont talk any more, tell them you love them.'

I thought this would make things a little less tense between us.

She sent me a msg, it said.

"You've changed, your not the same. Until you grow up and stop acting so immature, dont talk to me, dont email."

It was like a slap in the face, I didnt understand. What had I done wrong? I hadnt changed.

She also mentioned that it had to do with my boyfriend, was I not allowed to be happy?

I just left the matter alone and have not talked to her since.

-Ivy

Sponsored Links:
30th Jul, 2004 - 11:49pm / Post ID: #

Story Share Care

Ivy, I guess the best thing you can draw from all of this is that people change. Very few childhood friendships last to adulthood. And you would be surprised how people's attitude can change once they have found 'love' or what they perceive to be love. I hope your post was a good way to get this out of your system, and look at the bright side of life, always.

Post Date: 8th Aug, 2004 - 10:34pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Care To Share Your Story.. Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

It was, and I feel much better once I got it out. Good news though, Ash finally started talking to me again and we're arranging a meeting to talk it over. I hope it'll work out.

-Ivy

Post Date: 26th Nov, 2004 - 2:48am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Story Share Care

My best friend's name is Ashley (Kit) and she is exactly the friend you described in your first post we have gone through our share of hard times but no matter what it has always gotten straightened out. I really hope you and Ash work things out, personally I don't know what i would do without my best friend my life would not be worth living. She makes it worth living and I love her with all my heart

Post Date: 27th Nov, 2004 - 9:35pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Story Share Care

I have three friends like this. We went together to Primary school and never lost contact even at High School now ... we are great friends and always stick together no matter what happens. They were also the ones that helped me at my time of hard things that I had to go through because of one reason or another. But then I met one girl. I got very close to her. I thought we were best friends. I even fell in love with her. She said its the same to her. But then one day from unknown reason to me she sent me an e-mail and broke any contact to me. She turned her back away from me without any explanation and not so long ago I heard she was spreading some not so nice things about me around the city. (Which she made up.) And I didn't know why ... I still don't know why ... It just feels like when you already think you know someone you find out you didn't yet know the person a bit. I talked to her some days ago but she didn't tell me anything smart she just said that its not my fault and I can't do a thing about it.

Post Date: 30th Nov, 2004 - 1:22am / Post ID: #

A Friend

I really don't understand why she did that???

I talked to her some days ago but she didn't tell me anything smart she just said that its not my fault and I can't do a thing about it.
Maybe something was going on in her life tht she didnt want you involved in. I'm sorry that happened to you though

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 30th Nov, 2004 - 9:05pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Care Share Story..

QUOTE (hellzangel @ 29-Nov 04, 8:22 PM)
I really don't understand why she did that??? Maybe something was going on in her life tht she didnt want you involved in. I'm sorry that happened to you though

Well here is the other problem. She trusted me some things that she didn't trust other people. I talked to her half-brother and he said nothing of "family proportions" happened. Like that a relative would die or something like that because I know that can be quite painful. But I may have found out what was really the problem today. As I gained some information I found out that she has fell in love with another boy and she didn't want me to get hurt because she knew I loved her. She said the bad things about me so I would be angry at her and would start hating her and forget her earlier. But she could never completely broke contact with me because she lives like 5 miles away from where I live and she comes to the city almost each day so its quite impossible for us not to meet there. For me that is only logical explanation what could have happened and why. It sure wasn't fun to get to this conclussion but its just life I guess. I just have to live with it.

> TOPIC: Care To Share Your Story..

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,