Dr. Maya Angelou

Dr Maya Angelou - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 28th May, 2014 - 1:55pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Dr, Maya Angelou
4th Mar, 2006 - 3:51am / Post ID: #

Dr. Maya Angelou

I have a great deal of respect for Dr. Maya Angelou. She has wisdom, intelligence, and wit, and has a very special *presence* in her writings and in her personal appearances.

Here are a few gems of wisdom from Dr. Angelou:

international QUOTE
"I've learned that no matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow."

"I've learned that you can tell a lot about a person by the way he/she handles these three things: a rainy day, lost luggage, and tangled Christmas tree lights."

"I've learned that regardless of your relationship with your parents, you'll miss them when they're gone from your life."

"I've learned that making a "Living" is not the same thing as making a life."

"I've learned that life sometimes gives you a second chance."

"I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw some things back."

"I've learned that whenever I decide something with an open heart, I usually make the right decision."

"I've learned that even when I have pains, I don't have to be one."

"I've learned that every day you should reach out and touch someone. People
love a warm hug, or just a friendly pat on the back."

"I've learned that I still have a lot to learn."

"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel."

Dr. Maya Angelou
Dr. Maya Angelou (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 7th Apr, 2006 - 4:50am / Post ID: #

Dr. Maya Angelou
A Friend

Angelou Maya Dr

I love the quotes and saying from Maya Angelou. I remember when my mother read many of them to me from a book when I was in middle school. The gems of wisdom that we have retained are things to live by, so that you do not regret your life when you are at the end of it. I think the biggest thing I have taken from her life is that everyone leaves a legacy, whether good, bad, or meaningless.

Post Date: 28th Mar, 2008 - 5:49am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Dr. Maya Angelou UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

Maya Angelou celebrates her 80 years of pain and joy

On her birthday, April 4, she'll be treated to a party thrown by one of her best friends, Oprah Winfrey, who tends to think big. When Angelou turned 70, Winfrey hosted a week-long Caribbean cruise for 150 of Angelou's friends.
Ref. https://www.usatoday.com/life/books/news/20...N.htm?csp=books

Post Date: 9th Mar, 2012 - 10:04am / Post ID: #

Angelou Maya Dr

"Laugh as much as possible, always laugh. It's the sweetest thing one can do for oneself & one's fellow human beings."
-- Maya Angelou

Post Date: 8th Nov, 2012 - 2:50pm / Post ID: #

Dr. Maya Angelou
A Friend

Angelou Maya Dr

Isn't she the author of "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"? Based on her quotes, I seem to enjoy her view on life. Can someone tell me more about her and her works please? Thanks.

11th Dec, 2012 - 12:57pm / Post ID: #

Dr. Maya Angelou

Dr. Maya Angelou has an awesome outlook on things, I love to hear her read her own words. One of my favorite quotes from her,

international QUOTE
I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 28th May, 2014 - 1:42pm / Post ID: #

Dr. Maya Angelou

Reports: Poet and essayist Maya Angelou dies at 86

Renowned African-American poet, historian and civil rights advocate was found dead in her home, WFMY-TV reported, citing Winston-Salem Mayor Allen Joines. She first came to fame with her autobiographical "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings" In 1969. Ref. USAToday

Post Date: 28th May, 2014 - 1:55pm / Post ID: #

Dr. Maya Angelou Sciences Education Art Writing & UFO

Maya Angelou, renowned as a poet, novelist and actress, died this morning at age 86 at her North Carolina home, her literary agent said.

Affectionately referred to as Dr. Angelou, the professor never went to college. She has more than 30 honorary degrees and taught American studies for years at Wake Forest University in Winston-Salem, North Carolina. "I created myself," She once said. "I have taught myself so much."

The writer's voice was born from a childhood tragedy that stunned her into silence for almost a decade. When she was 7, her mother's boyfriend raped her. He was later beaten to death by a mob after she testified against him. "My 7-and-a-half-year-old logic deduced that my voice had killed him, so I stopped speaking for almost six years," She said. Ref. CNN

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Dr. Maya Angelou

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,