Dungeons & Dragons Kamdrogh RPG - Page 9 of 25

GM note: The boy is not old enough to understand - Page 9 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 18th Sep, 2012 - 1:03pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

18th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Paladin
Paladin
Cleric
Cleric
Ranger
Ranger
Fighter
Fighter
Warlock
Warlock
Wizard
Wizard
Barbarian
Barbarian
Rogue
Rogue
Draconian
Draconian

+  « First of 25 pgs.  5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13  ...Latest (25) »
Closed
Dungeons & Dragons RPG
For Kamdrogh players characters only with Oliron as DM
14th Sep, 2012 - 5:46pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons Kamdrogh RPG - Page 9

A young hafling walks up to the party. He has three, large mean looking dogs following him. They stop when he does, sitting taller than him standing.

The boy (around three feet tall) addresses you (squeakily), "You guy's huntin' centipedes? I could help yeh' for a price."

The boy looks like he isn't joking around. Being adventurers, your surprised to see he looks more battle hardened than you. He definitely looks like he can hold his own.

Reconcile Edited: Oliron on 14th Sep, 2012 - 6:10pm

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 14th Sep, 2012 - 7:56pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons Kamdrogh RPG
A Friend

RPG Kamdrogh Dragons and Dungeons

Ziminar takes a good look at the halfling who is just over half his own size.
The three dogs stay very close to him and are clearly trained to fight hard and protect their master.

We can definitely need his help, but Ziminar is not sure the group can afford him. We can always offer a part of the reward as pay.
The others are also quite intrigued by those big dogs and place their hands on their weapons just to be ready when needed.
Ziminar says: what price are we talking about?

15th Sep, 2012 - 12:42am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons Kamdrogh RPG Archive Pathfinder / D&D

The halfling turns into a business man suddenly, "Look old man, I know how to get em. Gimme' 50 gold and I'm in."

The boy looks around (gets closer) and whispers harsh, "I found a nest."

The dogs just stare at you.

Reconcile Edited: Oliron on 15th Sep, 2012 - 1:11am

Post Date: 17th Sep, 2012 - 11:28am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 9 RPG Kamdrogh Dragons and Dungeons

Ziminar looks the boy in the eyes and is not sure if the group can trust him.

Ziminar says:
Dear boy, I'm sure you are aware of what these centipedes are worth to the town of Kamdrogh.
If this nest truly exists and killing the centipedes in it will actually earn us a fair profit, you would have asked for more than 50 gold.
So before we can actually negotiate a price, you will have to give us some more information about this nest you found.

17th Sep, 2012 - 11:38am / Post ID: #

RPG Kamdrogh Dragons and Dungeons

The boy looks confused, "More information? Like what, where it is."

"I can't tell you anymore. I guess I'm off to find somebody else then."

The boy begins to walk away.

17th Sep, 2012 - 12:44pm / Post ID: #

"Hold up!" Avan shouts "All my friend here meant was that we need some form of security. Hold onto something valuable of yours so we're sure you're not sending us into a trap or worse, a waste of time."

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
17th Sep, 2012 - 6:27pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons Kamdrogh RPG - Page 9

GM note: If you want to try and roll for sense motive you might be able to detect his trustworthiness that way. Otherwise a diplomacy check or possibly bluff or something along those lines may work.

---
The kid stops, turning about (talking softly and quickly) "Look, no more talk about the nest, not here. I can tell you more once we are on the road."

The halfling continues in comical high tone, "Just give me 25 gold now so I can get supplies for me and me dogs."

The halfling taps his tiny foot and has an unhappy expression. You are beginning to gather that this little guy is the act now ask questions later type. Fairly common with those of his age group.

Reconcile Edited: Oliron on 17th Sep, 2012 - 6:28pm

18th Sep, 2012 - 1:03pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons Kamdrogh RPG D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 9

GM note: The boy is not old enough to understand what gold is worth exactly. He has a vauge understanding of negotiating from watching adults. This is not something your characters would necessarily know. I just thought this might help you players understand the npc a bit more.

> TOPIC: Dungeons & Dragons Kamdrogh RPG

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.