Mormon Beliefs: Sexuality In Heaven?

Mormon Beliefs Sexuality Heaven - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 23rd Nov, 2006 - 3:12am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
29th Jul, 2004 - 1:23pm / Post ID: #

I recently saw this topic elsewhere and I thought I would add it here.

We are specific in gender, both before this life, now and after. We know that what we experience here on earth (desires and passions) will continue with us into the next life - sex - is in deed a big part of that for sinner and obedient alike. We are made to understand through D&C that only those that are exalted in the Celestial Kingdom will have the right to continue their prosperity thus leaving all others without this. Question is... For those that are exalted will 'sex' as we know it still be 'normal' or will our love and the act of procreation be expressed in a different way. Will those who are not exalted never have those opportunities again - ever?

Post Date: 29th Jul, 2004 - 5:44pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Heaven Sexuality Beliefs Mormon

Well, from what I understand, the sexual relationship is Eternal. Not sure if it is exactly as it is here in mortality but I would imagine it is, or very close. As far as people not in the Celestial Kingdom, I have heard they will live as individuals, not in a married relationship, thus no need for sex. The desire to do so will be taken away from them. As far as I know, there has been no confirmation of this fact from the church, just speculation.

16th Aug, 2005 - 4:02am / Post ID: #

Mormon Beliefs: Sexuality In Heaven? Studies Doctrine Mormon

The desire to do so will be taken away from them.

What gave you that idea? I mean do you have a reference or quote?

Concerning desire, it was always my understanding that the strong sex drive we have as mortals was given to us so that we may have the desire to procreate firstly and secondly to bond closer to our spouse. To answer this question would be to ask if the same is true in the next life or will we have a perfect understanding and thus do not need a 'drive' per se.

It is interesting to note... in the Garden of Eden Adam and Eve were both naked. there must be some strong significance to that besides them simply being innocent.

Post Date: 22nd Nov, 2006 - 8:26pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

A friend once said that he read in a book that when we are sent to one of the other kindoms that our "Parts" taken. I think he misinterpreted it. I think that it means that we will return to that state of innocence that Adam and Eve had.

As for those who make it to the C.K. I have heard no rumors or other wise to the act of procreation. I don't think it will be any different then how it's done down here. (my personal opinion).

23rd Nov, 2006 - 12:38am / Post ID: #

I do not think we will return to the state of innocence Adam and Even had when they were in the Garden because we know of good and evil - that is the Doctrine of Restoration (covered in another Thread), therefore I feel we will somehow have physical desires, but in a perfected way - whatever way that is... in my opinion.

23rd Nov, 2006 - 3:03am / Post ID: #

I think intimate relations between two perfected, glorified, resurrected beings, sealed for Time and all Eternity, in a Celestial realm in the midst of gods... it must be something quite different than the intimate relations we experience here, in my view.

If husbands and wives are sealed and yet don't make it to the Celestial Kingdom, how can it be that they will live alone as individuals and can no longer share that bond of love and physical intimacy? Are they not still sealed? Will they not still have resurrected bodies restored to their perfect form? It's not like our memories will be erased, they will remember for Eternity what they shared previously. Is there some published reference to this idea in the D&C? Where can I find that? The idea disturbs me that we can preach sealing for Time and Eternity, yet have exceptions to that rule... "oh, well, your sealing is only valid if you make to the Celestial Kingdom..." Are they then no longer husband and wife?

23rd Nov, 2006 - 3:08am / Post ID: #

Mormon Beliefs Sexuality Heaven

Farseer, I would like to address your concern but I am not sure if I understood properly. You mean if one of the spouses does not make it to the Celestial Kingdom? If that's what you are asking, I need to find the sources but I read that if you are not worthy of your Temple Covenants your wife or husband will be "assigned" to another person.

23rd Nov, 2006 - 3:12am / Post ID: #

Mormon Beliefs Sexuality Heaven Mormon Doctrine Studies

No, I'm asking if both husband and wife, even though sealed, do not measure up to the Celestial Kingdom. Are they then unsealed and must live seperately?

+  1 2 3 
Thank you for your continued support of our Community.

> TOPIC: Mormon Beliefs: Sexuality In Heaven?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,