200 Dead

200 Dead - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 2nd Aug, 2004 - 12:52am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

All because of selfishness
1st Aug, 2004 - 11:24pm / Post ID: #

200 Dead

Supermarket Fire

Did you hear about that Supermarket fire that happened in a Latin country? A propane gas tank exploded and instead of opening the exits for people to escape the security guards under the direction of the owners locked the doors to prevent looting! Sick! About 200 people may have died unnecessarily simply because of greed.

(I heard this quickly on the TV News so do not have any refs.)

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3211 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Sponsored Links:
1st Aug, 2004 - 11:38pm / Post ID: #

Dead

Yes, I read about that incident. It happened in Paraguay, but none of the news sites that I read mentioned the owner closing the doors. Preliminary speculation is that gas cannisters blew up, and reports from some of the survivors indicate that people dashed through the doors. Apparently, this was a multi-level supermarket and one of the floors collapsed.

ref: https://www.usatoday.com/news/world/2004-08...permarket_x.htm

International Level: Envoy / Political Participation: 241 ActivistPoliticianEnvoy 24.1%

2nd Aug, 2004 - 12:52am / Post ID: #

200 Dead History & Civil Business Politics

What a terrible thing!!!! My heart and prayers goes to the families of the victims. This is the worst accident ever in Paraguay. cry.gif
The owner of the supermarket Juan Pío Paiva was arrested and he denies the fact that he ordered the guards to close the doors, but there are several witnesses that said that after hearing the explosion, they run to the supermarket to help but the doors were closed.
It makes me soooo mad when things like this happen!!!! I feel very sad right now. undecided.gif

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

> TOPIC: 200 Dead

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,