Special Experiences

Special Experiences - Genealogical Research - Posted: 27th Apr, 2006 - 6:00pm

Register Login Text RPG Play Text RPG ?     New: 6 76 112 Why Join Help Register/Login via:Register/Login via:
Welcome Guest

Share an experience where doing genealogy has caused you to meet a long lost relative, have a supernatural even or anything you like...
Post Date: 5th Aug, 2004 - 3:49am / Post ID: #

Special Experiences

This thread is for you to share an experience where doing genealogy has caused you to meet a long lost relative, make a great friend, have a supernatural event or anything you like...

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 1st Nov, 2005 - 11:40pm / Post ID: #

Rigone
Special Experiences
A Friend

Experiences Special

A few years ago, I was visiting my grandmother and grandfather and came across a box of old photographs. I started perusing through the photos and found myself wondering who these somewhat familiar people were. There was an image of a young boy walking with what I assumed was his father. Another image showed a young man riding on a motorcycle. Yet another showed a group of school girls taking a class photo.

When I asked my grandparents about the photos, they sat down with me and told me that they were pictures of them when they were young. I was amazed. Not only did I begin to see the family resemblance, but I became familiar with family members I will never be fortunate enough to meet. My great grandparents for example. To see them walking with their children (my grandparents) was truly fascinating. It helped me get a firm grasp on the circle of life and prompted me to save the images and record those pictured in them for future generations.

I have a small box of photos I have now collected from my mother's and father's parents. Inside, I have a folded up piece of paper with a rough family tree. I hope to eventually formalize this into something that will better last through the ages.

For now however, I treat this small collection as a treasure chest of sorts. I like to pull it out every once-in-awhile and flip through the photos. It makes me feel like they're right there with me :)

Post Date: 27th Apr, 2006 - 6:00pm / Post ID: #

Diamond + Author
Lifestyle
[?] CPosts: 2,051
Avg: 0.6 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 14.7%
[+] Gain: 4,031.20 FP
Charm: 109

Special Experiences Research Genealogical

My Dad has been doing some Genealogy work on his Father's side of the family, and has ground to a halt. Instead of sitting back and doing nothing, he has now started doing some Genealogy research from his Mother's side.

Unknown to me, I have now found out due to his research, that I am related to 'my worst enemy' from school!
She was so horrible, and treated me badly, I think that I would rather 'forget' that I am related to her! lol
So I don't think that I will be rushing forward to trace her either!

Guest please SHARE: "Special Experiences" on:

Sponsored Links:

Do you have any Special Experiences Tips
Options Fast Reply Add Reply Add Poll

No Registration Required!

We welcome input from visitors:
Add Comment As A Guest
Guest, please be considerate by using the appropriate tags as well as checking your grammar before submitting or it will be deleted. See: Constructive Posting Policy.

Tip TIP: Press above button ONCE only. If you come back here via the [Back] button on your browser then you will need to click [More Options] button (below) first in order to re-enable your ability to Post.

> TOPIC: Special Experiences

Share:

Like:

Donate Compare Membership
International Discussions Coded by: BGID® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2018
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits

Country (State) of the Day

Austria

Country of the day Austria

Unanswered Threads for Austria, which is the Country or State of the Day! Bonus FP & Charm for these Topics. See Here. Updated: Every hour.

Highlights

Men In Uniform - Authorized Excessive Violence: What are your thoughts about this Topic? By News 4 Hours Ago
Donald Trump: Can you see him as the next President of one of the most powerful countries in the world, the United States of America? By News 12 Hours Ago
Global Warming: Natural Or Man-made?: What are your thoughts about this Topic? By News 2.7 Days Ago
Russia vs USA: Will there be a World War over the expansion of Russia? By Opinion 4.5 Days Ago
The Trump Immigration Wall: What are your thoughts about this Topic? By Pagan 1st Jan, 2018 - 3:45am
UFOs & Nukes: What are your thoughts about this Topic? By KNtoran 30th Dec, 2017 - 4:01pm
Donald Trump & Muslims: Can Trump stop Islamist without aggrevating the Middle East? By Stem 7th Dec, 2017 - 10:51am
Atheists Not To Be Feared!: What are your thoughts about this Topic? By Gknightbc 18th Nov, 2017 - 5:34pm
A Science Fiction Continue The Story RPG: What are your thoughts about this Topic? By LitRPG 16th Nov, 2017 - 12:42pm
Wide Screen Columns: Now your screen is not as empty as before. What are your thoughts about this new feature in the Community? By JB 14th Oct, 2017 - 12:32am
Offensive Trademarks: What are your thoughts about this Topic? By Abnninja 20th Jun, 2017 - 4:16pm
The 9.11 Conspiracy: What are your thoughts about this Topic? By Abnninja 22nd Mar, 2017 - 10:48pm

Updated every: 14 minutes