Special Experiences

Special Experiences - Genealogical Research - Posted: 27th Apr, 2006 - 6:00pm

Register Login Text RPG Play Text RPG ?     New: 5 51 80 Why Join Help Register/Login via:Register/Login via:
Welcome Guest

Share an experience where doing genealogy has caused you to meet a long lost relative, have a supernatural even or anything you like...
Post Date: 5th Aug, 2004 - 3:49am / Post ID: #

Special Experiences

This thread is for you to share an experience where doing genealogy has caused you to meet a long lost relative, make a great friend, have a supernatural event or anything you like...

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 1st Nov, 2005 - 11:40pm / Post ID: #

Rigone
Special Experiences
A Friend

Experiences Special

A few years ago, I was visiting my grandmother and grandfather and came across a box of old photographs. I started perusing through the photos and found myself wondering who these somewhat familiar people were. There was an image of a young boy walking with what I assumed was his father. Another image showed a young man riding on a motorcycle. Yet another showed a group of school girls taking a class photo.

When I asked my grandparents about the photos, they sat down with me and told me that they were pictures of them when they were young. I was amazed. Not only did I begin to see the family resemblance, but I became familiar with family members I will never be fortunate enough to meet. My great grandparents for example. To see them walking with their children (my grandparents) was truly fascinating. It helped me get a firm grasp on the circle of life and prompted me to save the images and record those pictured in them for future generations.

I have a small box of photos I have now collected from my mother's and father's parents. Inside, I have a folded up piece of paper with a rough family tree. I hope to eventually formalize this into something that will better last through the ages.

For now however, I treat this small collection as a treasure chest of sorts. I like to pull it out every once-in-awhile and flip through the photos. It makes me feel like they're right there with me :)

Post Date: 27th Apr, 2006 - 6:00pm / Post ID: #

Diamond + Author
Lifestyle
[?] CPosts: 2,051
Avg: 0.6 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 14.4%
[+] Gain: 4,031.20 FP
Charm: 109

Special Experiences Research Genealogical

My Dad has been doing some Genealogy work on his Father's side of the family, and has ground to a halt. Instead of sitting back and doing nothing, he has now started doing some Genealogy research from his Mother's side.

Unknown to me, I have now found out due to his research, that I am related to 'my worst enemy' from school!
She was so horrible, and treated me badly, I think that I would rather 'forget' that I am related to her! lol
So I don't think that I will be rushing forward to trace her either!

Guest please SHARE: "Special Experiences" on:

Sponsored Links:

OPTIONS FOR DISCUSSION: About, How, When, Where, Why of Special Experiences
Options Fast Reply Add Reply Add Poll

No Registration Required!

We welcome input from visitors:
Add Comment As A Guest
Guest, please be considerate by using the appropriate tags as well as checking your grammar before submitting or it will be deleted. See: Constructive Posting Policy.

Tip TIP: Press above button ONCE only. If you come back here via the [Back] button on your browser then you will need to click [More Options] button (below) first in order to re-enable your ability to Post.

> TOPIC: Special Experiences

Share:

Like:

Donate Compare Membership
International Discussions Coded by: BGID® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2018
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits

Latest Topics

Key: Background for Upgraded Members
Updated every 5 minutes See More

Latest Member Intro

Newest Members

Updated every: 31 minutes

Unanswered

The below Topics have Zero Replies, can you be the first to comment on one or more of them?
Updated: Every 30 mins.