Special Experiences

Special Experiences - Genealogical Research - Posted: 27th Apr, 2006 - 6:00pm

Register Login Text RPG Play Text RPG ?     New: 1 41 116 Why Join Help Register/Login via:Register/Login via:
Welcome Guest

Share an experience where doing genealogy has caused you to meet a long lost relative, have a supernatural even or anything you like...
Post Date: 5th Aug, 2004 - 3:49am / Post ID: #

Special Experiences

This thread is for you to share an experience where doing genealogy has caused you to meet a long lost relative, make a great friend, have a supernatural event or anything you like...

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 1st Nov, 2005 - 11:40pm / Post ID: #

Rigone
Special Experiences
A Friend

Experiences Special

A few years ago, I was visiting my grandmother and grandfather and came across a box of old photographs. I started perusing through the photos and found myself wondering who these somewhat familiar people were. There was an image of a young boy walking with what I assumed was his father. Another image showed a young man riding on a motorcycle. Yet another showed a group of school girls taking a class photo.

When I asked my grandparents about the photos, they sat down with me and told me that they were pictures of them when they were young. I was amazed. Not only did I begin to see the family resemblance, but I became familiar with family members I will never be fortunate enough to meet. My great grandparents for example. To see them walking with their children (my grandparents) was truly fascinating. It helped me get a firm grasp on the circle of life and prompted me to save the images and record those pictured in them for future generations.

I have a small box of photos I have now collected from my mother's and father's parents. Inside, I have a folded up piece of paper with a rough family tree. I hope to eventually formalize this into something that will better last through the ages.

For now however, I treat this small collection as a treasure chest of sorts. I like to pull it out every once-in-awhile and flip through the photos. It makes me feel like they're right there with me :)

Post Date: 27th Apr, 2006 - 6:00pm / Post ID: #

Diamond + Author
Lifestyle
[?] CPosts: 2,051
Avg: 0.5 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 14.1%
[+] Gain: 4,031.20 FP
Charm: 109

Special Experiences Research Genealogical

My Dad has been doing some Genealogy work on his Father's side of the family, and has ground to a halt. Instead of sitting back and doing nothing, he has now started doing some Genealogy research from his Mother's side.

Unknown to me, I have now found out due to his research, that I am related to 'my worst enemy' from school!
She was so horrible, and treated me badly, I think that I would rather 'forget' that I am related to her! lol
So I don't think that I will be rushing forward to trace her either!

Guest please SHARE: "Special Experiences" on:

Sponsored Links:

To go deeper into this Topic ensure to Search unique terms for: Special Experiences
Options Fast Reply Add Reply Add Poll

No Registration Required!

We welcome input from visitors:
Add Comment As A Guest
Guest, please be considerate by using the appropriate tags as well as checking your grammar before submitting or it will be deleted. See: Constructive Posting Policy.

Tip TIP: Press above button ONCE only. If you come back here via the [Back] button on your browser then you will need to click [More Options] button (below) first in order to re-enable your ability to Post.

> TOPIC: Special Experiences

Share:

Like:

Donate Compare Membership
International Discussions Coded by: BGID® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2018
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Privacy and Disclaimer pages.

Latest Topics

Key: Background for Upgraded Members
Updated every 5 minutes See More

Latest Member Intro

Newest Members

Updated every: 31 minutes

World Issues

USA vs Germany:
Germany versus U.S.A. By News 1 Week Ago
China vs USA:
USA versus China versus Chinese versus Americans The role of its Army, Politics, and Status in the World. By Reformist 9th Jul, 2018 - 3:29am
USA vs North Korea:
North Korea Nuclear Weapons
versus USA This country is no Iraq. What is the USA going to do? What will be the outcome? By News 7th Jul, 2018 - 7:27pm
China Navy:
Chinese Aircraft Carrier
China Navy Beware the new Naval power, they are planning to come on stream with big naval might to match their ground forces. Chinese Aircraft Carrier - Chinese Navy By News 27th Jun, 2018 - 11:14am
North Korea vs South Korea:
versus North Korea Vs. South Korea By Skeptic 27th May, 2018 - 1:05am
USA vs Syria:
versus U.S.A. Is Syria the next Iraq? By Opinion 24th Apr, 2018 - 10:56am
Russia vs. Syria:
Syria vs Russia By Opinion 17th Apr, 2018 - 9:54am
Do You Know What To Do In A Nuclear Attack?:
Top  Do Know In Nuclear Attack By News 16th Apr, 2018 - 9:46pm
North Korea Military:
Discuss  North Korea Military This Thread is about the North Korean Military itself - the kind of army, navy, and air force they have. By Wizard 15th Jan, 2018 - 9:36am
Japan vs North Korea:
North Korea versus Japan versus War With Japan By Swell 17th Oct, 2017 - 4:17pm
China Military:
China Military Technology Preparing For China. China is growing their military. China Military Technology - can it keep up with the US? By Abnninja 5th Mar, 2017 - 5:25pm