Autism & Me - BBC Documentary

Autism Bbc Documentary - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 22nd Sep, 2012 - 12:52am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Autism in the UK - Autism in Britain
13th Aug, 2012 - 5:33pm / Post ID: #

This is a short documentary about Autism in Britain but it explains various types of autism and how children cope with it.

Sponsored Links:
7th Sep, 2012 - 12:19pm / Post ID: #

Documentary BBC - and Autism

I appreciate you guys sharing this it taught me a lot I didn't know about autism. You guys must have it really difficult sometimes with the challenges of raising special children like this.

Post Date: 7th Sep, 2012 - 8:09pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Autism & Me - BBC Documentary Health & Special Psychology

Brilliant video!

I laughed. I cried. I understood. This video was a description of my grandson, who lives with me, and has Asperger's. He watched the video with me and now he wants to play War Hammer, too. smile.gif

We also lived with label of 'a bad kid' because he looked 'normal' and the bullying, people not understanding how stimuli affect him differently. He was diagnosed in grade school. After several years in an excellent individualized school program, he was able last year (7th grade) to participate in regular classes with some accommodations and did fairly well. It certainly boosted his self-esteem and he was very happy about making some friends.

Rosie and her friends do such an excellent job of describing the challenges and blessings of a unique child. Viewing the world from their perspective, with their own words, adds a dimension that professional information just doesn't give anyone. Bravo, Rosie!

As a Registered Nurse I worked with special children for many years. It was one of the most wonderful, rewarding experiences in my life. These children have so much love to give. Yes, it requires patience and understanding to raise unique children, but they also can give us so much in return, teach us many valuable lessons.

God bless the family with 3 autistic children. I admire them greatly for the way they have handled these challenges and my prayers are with them. I would like to read their book, if I can find it, and see Rosie's illustrations.

I hope people will share this video with others, as I have. The public needs to be educated about this developmental disorder.

8th Sep, 2012 - 12:36pm / Post ID: #

What stood out to me was the impact autism had on those children, they each had different symptoms from it and a different way of dealing with it. It must take a lot of adjustments at home.

22nd Sep, 2012 - 12:52am / Post ID: #

Really inspirational. I really liked the girl that was brave enough to both host it and tell about her life. It gives me a whole new look at autism. Thanks for sharing!

> TOPIC: Autism & Me - BBC Documentary

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,