Crazy Teen Fad's

Crazy Teen Fad' S - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 19th Oct, 2004 - 3:24am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 6th Aug, 2004 - 5:27am / Post ID: #

Crazy Teen Fad's
A Friend

Crazy Teen Fad's

Do you remember some of the crazy fads you were once a part of as a teenager ?
You probably look back at yourself and say what was I thinking. But back then you thought you were the coolest thing to ever hit the streets. What do you do when your son walks in the house with a earing in his ear. Or your daughter walks in the house with blue hair. How will you react ? Don't forget you were once a teenager also.

Sponsored Links:
7th Aug, 2004 - 1:18pm / Post ID: #

Fads Teen Crazy

What do you do when your son walks in the house with a earing in his ear. Or your daughter walks in the house with blue hair. How will you react ? Don't forget you were once a teenager also.

Honestly, I don't think I am ready to answer that question. I have a 9-year old and realize that the time will be coming soon when I have to show what kind of resolve I have as a parent. I just hope I can keep my cool and talk about it rationally.
When I was a teenager, I guess the worst fad I got into was the long hair, yes, you heard it right, long hair. I had a pony tail for a while; thought I was going to be in a rock band or something like that. I also remember drawing a lot of stuff on myself; I think that was mostly our of boredom. Of course there is the loud music, baggy pants, shoes with holes in them, etc. I never got my ears pierced, or dyed my hair, or anything like that. I lived in Trinidad at the time, and for anyone who lives there, they understand what I am saying when I say I would have been kicked out of the house, literally. tongue.gif

Post Date: 19th Oct, 2004 - 3:24am / Post ID: #

Crazy Teen Fad's
A Friend

Crazy Teen Fad's Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

I consider myself fairly open-minded about a person's fundamental right of freedom to express his/her individuality. The exception is when it comes to our younger children.

Hip-huggers (and tight jeans in general) have no place on a child's body. Nor do see-through blouses or belly shirts. I find them to be highly inappropriate on minors, and in bad taste on adults of any age. Likewise for those horrendous baggy hip-hop gangsta jeans that are worn so low that a guy's boxers are visible. tongue.gif

Radical hair is forgivable. It grows back and the color can be easily changed. Or it can be cut, whatever the case may be.

Peircings... I might consider allowing my boys to get their ears single-peirced in the lobe only once they're 13 or so. Forget about any other part of their anatomy until they're over 18 and living on their own. Same with tatoos. I might allow a small, tasteful design when they're at least 16, but their maturity level and reason(s) for wanting it must meet my approval. Also, I would insist on picking the inker, checking sterility, etc.

Other than that, as long as my boys understand and abide by the need for certain modes of presentation during various occasions, I hope to give them fair latitude in their choices.

> TOPIC: Crazy Teen Fad's

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,