Medieval Party Order To Catch A Thief RPG

Medieval Party Order Catch Thief Rpg - World of Medieval PBP RPG - Posted: 19th Aug, 2004 - 2:10am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

28th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Wizard
Wizard
Cleric
Cleric
Rogue
Rogue
Fighter
Fighter
Ranger
Ranger
Barbarian
Barbarian
Draconian
Draconian
Paladin
Paladin
Warlock
Warlock

+  1 2 3 4 
Closed
6th Aug, 2004 - 11:26pm / Post ID: #

The Game Master says...

Only the Leader of the Party posts here. See other past Party Order threads to see the required information needed for the GM.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 17th Aug, 2004 - 12:41am / Post ID: #

A Friend

RPG Thief Catch Order Party Medieval

We are finally ready to begin. Party order is as follows: fugitive247 is party leader, LDS_Forever is 2nd, and will post for the party if I have not done so for at least 36 hours (1.5 days). I am the mother of two small boys. Their bedtime is 8 pm eastern. I plan to do the majority of posting to this thread between 8-9 pm, or more often depending on circumstances IRL and/or in the scenario. It is my personal mission to assure the GM that he shall not have his patience unduly tried. wink.gif

Travel formation is as follows:

Ariadne and Eissa in front

Xari and Airmed in center

Shade and Arthyr in rear

We will all take turns on night watch.

We have not yet decided who will negotiate for the party. For now we'll just play it by ear, if that is acceptable to the GM.

We'd like our first stop to be the village if possible. Airmed and perhaps a few others need to purchase some supplies. We would also like to use this as a starting point for gathering any useful information about the thieves. If this is satisfactory to the GM, we will begin posting in character with what each of us hopes to accomplish.

17th Aug, 2004 - 12:48am / Post ID: #

Medieval Party Order To Catch A Thief RPG RPG PBP Medieval World

The Game Master says...

I am not going to decipher and guess for the party. Party order is to be posted in the following manner and it must be complete. Please read the threads in relation to Party Order especially as it relates to the leader:

Name of Leader:

Name of Second Leader:

Scenario:

Number of Players:

Names of Players:

Who will be in the lead:

Who will be in the lead 2nd:

Who will be in the rear:

Who will be in the rear 2nd:

Who will negotiate for the party:

When in an open field what will be your formation:

When in camp who will stay awake, 1st, 2nd, etc:

In a dangerous situation who will disarm traps:

Who will react first to attack:

If the leader becomes inactive in the forum who will take over:

How long does the leader have to be inactive on the forum before someone takes over: (be specific)

Post Date: 17th Aug, 2004 - 3:32pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

We're in a lurch...

Xari has informed us that she can't play. What now? Do we wait for another player, or...?

17th Aug, 2004 - 4:23pm / Post ID: #

The Game Master says...

It is not for me to decide what you must do - that is what the camp is for...

Again, please follow my advice as above:

JB@Trinidad: Please read the threads in relation to Party Order especially as it relates to the leader

Everything you need to know is within the sticky threads of the Medieval board, if you are to be a successful leader then you must read them. For the players to be successful they should also read these threads and comprehend them as best as possible.

I am in no rush to play a game where the players do not know what to do, how to play, and may die quickly because of indecision. Take your time, ensure you know what to do - ask help from experienced players who have done it before - look over past party order, camp threads, etc.

Post Date: 17th Aug, 2004 - 8:15pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Name of Leader: fugitive247/Airmed

Name of Second Leader: LDS_Forever/Ariadne

Scenario: To Catch a Thief

Number of Players: 5

Names of Players: Airmed, Ariadne, Arthyr, Eissa, Shade

Who will be in the lead: Ariadne

Who will be in the lead 2nd: Eissa

Who will be in the center: Airmed

Who will be in the rear: Arthyr

Who will be in the rear 2nd: Shade

Who will negotiate for the party: Airmed

When in an open field what will be your formation: Ariadne and Eissa in front, Airmed in center, Shade and Arthyr in rear

When in camp who will stay awake, 1st, 2nd, etc: 1st Ariadne, 2nd Arthyr, 3rd Eissa, 4th Airmed, 5th Shade

In a dangerous situation who will disarm traps: Shade

Who will react first to attack: Ariadne

If the leader becomes inactive in the forum who will take over: LDS_Forever/Ariadne

How long does the leader have to be inactive on the forum before someone takes over: (be specific) 48 hours

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 19th Aug, 2004 - 2:03am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Medieval Party Order Catch Thief RPG

OOC: The party will accept the first mission. Since this is our only opportunity to ask questions, we've got quite a few. On behalf of the party, we thank you in advance.
=============================================

Eissa felt a jolt of nervousness course through her. These old men reminded her of the old men in the village she herself had grown up in. Every time she had faced them, it had always been because of some trivial matter, like pies being stolen and clean washing appearing in strange places that happened to be remarkably dirty. This felt like one of those times, the only difference being that they weren't scolding her. It felt rather strange, come to think of it.

But then, they'd started talking about the mission that she'd been somehow roped into (how exactly it had happened she wasn't very sure) and despite her rising flush, Eissa managed to notice the deliberate vagueness of their description. Questions started popping up in her mind, and only she knew how she actually managed to keep her mouth shut and not interrupt them midway. It was probably memories of being belted that did it.

Once they finished, Eissa started to fidget. She felt warm, and entirely uncomfortable. People talking about her own profession (not thievery, she"d say, a way of life) like that always had made her uncomfortable. And besides, she assumed that she could ask questions.

Airmed rested her spear against the wall next to the door and set down her backpack next to it. She then rejoined her peers, taking a moment to reflect on all that had been said. She scanned the worn faces of the village Elders. They seemed sincere in their intentions, but more must be learned before undertaking either commitment. She quickly consults the others and addresses the Elder in charge.

"Your plight is indeed urgent." She gestures to indicate her peers. "We humbly agree to serve your village in this matter by flushing out this den of thieves, but we do have some weighty concerns that require the attention of your council before we commence. There are many and we beg your patience. First, your initial offer was one gold piece a day for any skilled warrior who would undertake this quest. We have but one." She nods toward Ariadne, standing proudly in her armor. Airmed continues. "Should not all of us be paid in kind for risking our very lives?"

Eissa, no longer able to contain herself, interrupts. "Are we supposed to kill them or capture them? Do they have a leader or are they just a band of rogues? Are there bounties for them? If there are, how much?" Suddenly realizing her breach of manners, her cheeks redden. She mumbles a quiet apology to the Elders, bows her head out of respect, and takes a small step back.

Airmed pauses momentarily for the room's reaction at this faux pas to pass. Ariadne can feel the nervousness coming from the Elders and asks, "How many thieves are there to capture?" Shade adds, "Do you know how many thieves there are altogether, or just an estimate? That would be nice knowledge. I can't think of anything else right now, but I'm sure there's more things to ask."

Airmed nods at the validity of these question, then continues. "I must inquire as to the method of their attacks. How many attack at one time? At what time(s) of day do these attacks occur? What is the physical setting of where these attacks happen? Were the victims' lives spared or were they killed? Are there any definite descriptions of any of the thieves?" She looks at the rest of the party to gauge whether or not anyone else has any more questions. All were still but Arthyr who suddenly felt the adrenaline coursing through his body. "I can't wait to get started," he thought to himself.

Airmed addressed the Elder in charge once more. Again she gestured towards her peers. "We have agreed to accept the first quest, to ferret out these mongrels. Sir, you indicated that your scouts have ascertained there probable whereabouts. Is there a map of that area that we may have? Once we have confirmed the location, might there be any villagers willing to assist us? Also, before we set out, may we refresh our supplies with the village merchant?" Airmed took a quick sideways glance to see the others nodding in agreement. "I believe that is all. We thank you for any information which you may impart unto us." She bows deeply towards the Elders and awaits a reply with the others.

19th Aug, 2004 - 2:10am / Post ID: #

Medieval Party Order Catch Thief RPG World Medieval PBP RPG

The Game Master says...

I appreciate that everyone wants to be 'part' of the story, but for the sake of GMing and remaining sane please just list the questions as 1., 2., 3., etc. So I do not have to look for them or miss any. Lastly, rather than say the 'first ' mission state exactly which mission: to patrol or look for the hideout. Party order is more about letting me know what each character is going to do and less about how they say something, how they feel, etc.

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Medieval Party Order To Catch A Thief RPG

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,