Farenheit 9/11

Farenheit 9/11 - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 26th Jul, 2005 - 3:56am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Post Date: 7th Aug, 2004 - 5:14am / Post ID: #

Farenheit 9/11
A Friend

Farenheit 9/11

I just saw the movie ( documentary) Fahrenheit 9/11. I see why this movie started a lot of controversy. They were trying so hard to ban this movie from showing in public. But because of freedom of speech , they had to show this movie.
After watching this movie I was like HHMMMM!!! Has anyone seen this movie and what are your thoughts ?

Reconcile Edited: darius on 7th Aug, 2004 - 5:18am

Sponsored Links:
7th Aug, 2004 - 8:28am / Post ID: #

Farenheit

I quite like Ed Griffin's write-up on this documentary:
https://www.freedomforceinternational.org/f...&refpage=issues

Read the whole thing to get what it is saying!

I would not trust Mr. Moore's motives personally, but at the same time the "facts" need to be looked at and judged for their truthfulness regardless of the agendas and media through which they are portrayed.

Dubhdara.

7th Aug, 2004 - 12:44pm / Post ID: #

Farenheit 9/11 Sports & Fashion Music Movies

My feeling is that if Mr. Moore was so concerned about the American public's need to know the truth, why make so much money off of it? Why not release it on public television so that everyone can see it? Frankly I will not pay the money to watch such propoganda, and I believe Mr. Moore is using such propoganda to fuel his own bank account.

Post Date: 26th Aug, 2004 - 2:00pm / Post ID: #

Farenheit 9/11
A Friend

Farenheit

The Marine Cpl. that was in the the movie , is now under investigation by the United States Marine Corps. The maker of the film asked the Marine if he was called on again for duties in Iraq would he go. The Marine said " I would not return to Iraq , the Iraqi's didn't do anything to me." Also did anyone notice the response from the legislator's when the Marine asked them to enlist their son or daughter in the Marines for the cause in Iraq. The legislator's were annoyed by this. Some even ran from the camera.

26th Aug, 2004 - 2:23pm / Post ID: #

Farenheit

Also did anyone notice the response from the legislator's when the Marine asked them to enlist their son or daughter in the Marines for the cause in Iraq. The legislator's were annoyed by this. Some even ran from the camera.

As I understand it, Mr. Moore edited those segments rather heavily.

There are at least two legislators who currently have children serving in the armed forces. I am not sure if any are currently in Iraq. Some of the people who ignored him or "ran" from him don't even have children. And he knew that fact before talking to them.

28th May, 2005 - 4:57pm / Post ID: #

Farenheit 9/11

Yes, those things are true, but also true is how Mr. Bush won the presidency, how stupid he acted when he was informed about the second plane crash (his face while reading child stories and not knowing what to do ... priceless) and his connection with the saudi arabians.

My feeling is that if Mr. Moore was so concerned about the American public's need to know the truth, why make so much money off of it?

You can't blame the man for trying to make some money ... this doesn't change the facts presented in the documentary.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
26th Jul, 2005 - 3:42am / Post ID: #

Farenheit 9/11

Iv'e been hearing so much about this documentary and I've FINALLY seen it! Its very VERY interesting.controversial DEFINITELY! Most entertaining, the sarcasm laid on thick to the point that I actually laughed (which I deeply regret since soldiers dying isn't a laughing matter) but nevertheless I could see why they'd want to ban it from the American public. I've got just one thing to say. I agree with the couple that lost their son, specifically the man.he was asking the question "WHY?" There was a girl saying that they'd joined the army with the intention of fighting for and defending their country in the event that their country was under threat and the American people were in danger.she was asking when had America been threathened because, according to the documentary, the US had invaded Iraq before 9/11. At the end, I myself was asking why and could come up with no justification and THAT I believe, was the director's true intention. Not whether or not he made cuts here & there, made money off it or highlighted things in favour of his belief. He presented the facts and definitely provided a good bit of food for thought.

26th Jul, 2005 - 3:56am / Post ID: #

Farenheit 9/11 Movies Music Fashion & Sports

I myself recently saw this film (for free on Showtime, as I didn't want to pay any money to see it). I do agree it brought to light some issues that normally are not well-known. I still don't agree with the way that Michael Moore chose to release this documentary. Throughout the 2004 presidential election campaign, he repeatedly stated that he wanted the US citizens to know the truth, so they could make an informed decision in their vote. Yet, he decided to make us pay money to get this 'truth' we so needed. If he was so concerned about the truth being told, he should have really picked a less expensive medium to do so. He probably would have swayed a lot of folks (possibly including my wife, who was very disturbed after watching the movie with me).

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Farenheit 9/11

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,