Testaments

Testaments - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 8th Oct, 2007 - 5:11am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 9th Aug, 2004 - 7:14am / Post ID: #

Testaments
A Friend

Testaments

Has anybody here seen the movie, "The Testaments?" It has been playing at the Salt lake Temple visitors center for a few years and just recently has been shown at other locations. I saw it for the first time Sunday, at the Ariz. Temple visitors center.

Very good movie going back and forth between Jerusalem and the life of Christ and the Americas and the events unfolding there at the same time. The final scene was Christ's visit to America after his resurrection.

I really liked the movie and would be interested in other comments.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 14th Mar, 2007 - 2:41am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Testaments

EPIC CHURCH FILM NOW AVAILABLE ON DVD
See https://www.lds.org

After its five-year exclusive run in the Joseph Smith Memorial Building in Salt Lake City, Utah, and under the direction of the First Presidency, the film The Testaments of One Fold and One Shepherd is being made available on DVD through Church distribution centers.

8th Oct, 2007 - 5:11am / Post ID: #

Testaments Studies Doctrine Mormon

I really enjoyed this movie as well. I liked the way it flipped back and forth as well. When I watch things like that, it helps put it into perspective for me. Some people are really good at knowing what is going on in different parts of the world --I would not be one of them.

I think the message that really stood out to me was that Kohor (sp?) told the young man that if he did certain things he would be sure to win favor with her father (of the girl). After he became wealthy and given status, she wanted to know of the things/teachings that he left behind. It just made me think of how often we try to impress people with what we have, instead of who we are.
Also the tendency to look for "something more" instead of what we already have--temporally and spiritually.

My favorite part though was the very end when Jesus came to their family. That was so powerful.

> TOPIC: Testaments

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,