The Unforgivable? - Page 3 of 3

It is very true that the adversary tries to - Page 3 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 10th Apr, 2008 - 6:40pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Do you ever feel like you can never be forgiven?
Post Date: 10th Apr, 2008 - 6:08pm / Post ID: #

The Unforgivable? - Page 3

"I remember a time when, without any intent to do so, I offended a sister in my ward. I needed to reconcile this issue, but I must admit that my pride kept me from going to her and asking for her forgiveness. Family, other commitments, on and on--I found ways to postpone my repentance. I was sure things would work out on their own. But they didn't.

"In the stillness of not one night but several, I awoke with a clear realization that I was not taking the course the Lord would want me to take. I was not acting on my faith that His arm of mercy was truly extended towards me--if I would act aright. I prayed for strength and courage, humbled myself, and went to the sister's home and asked for her forgiveness. For us both, it proved to be a sweet, healing experience."

Ref. (Anne C. Pingree, "To Look, Reach, and Come unto Christ," Ensign, Nov. 2006, 114-15)

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 10th Apr, 2008 - 6:40pm / Post ID: #

The Unforgivable?
A Friend

Unforgivable The

It is very true that the adversary tries to keep us from feeling like we can repent. I too am familiar with climbing out of that hole that is created by sin. My Bishop helped me greatly by recommending the book 'Believing Christ' by Stephen E. Robinson. It is a wonderful book and I now recommend it to every church member I meet. He explains that to come unto Christ we must do more than just believe in him (I.e. his physical person) but believe what he says, that he can literally wash our sins clean.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: The Unforgivable?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,