Patriarchal Blessing

Patriarchal Blessing - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 18th Apr, 2014 - 6:51pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 9th Mar, 2007 - 11:27pm / Post ID: #

Patriarchal Blessing

Patriarchal Blessing

"A patriarchal blessing is a revelation to the recipient, even a white line down the middle of the road, to protect, inspire, and motivate activity and righteousness. A patriarchal blessing literally contains chapters from your book of eternal possibilities. I say eternal, for just as life is eternal, so is a patriarchal blessing. What may not come to fulfillment in this life may occur in the next. We do not govern God's timetable. 'For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord.' . . .

"Your patriarchal blessing is yours and yours alone. It may be brief or lengthy, simple or profound. Length and language do not a patriarchal blessing make. It is the Spirit that conveys the true meaning. Your blessing is not to be folded neatly and tucked away. It is not to be framed or published. Rather, it is to be read. It is to be loved. It is to be followed. Your patriarchal blessing will see you through the darkest night. It will guide you through life's dangers. . . . Your patriarchal blessing is to you a personal Liahona to chart your course and guide your way."

-- Thomas S. Monson, "Your Patriarchal Blessing: A Liahona of Light," Ensign, Nov. 1986, 66

NOTE: Patriarchal Blessing activities are located here:

1. Patriarchal Blessing - Evaluation One

2. Patriarchal Blessing - Evaluation Two

Sponsored Links:
10th Mar, 2007 - 7:21am / Post ID: #

Blessing Patriarchal

I love my Patriarchal Blessing. There are so many facets to it, I read it quite often just to remind myself what it contains.

When I first received my Blessing, I was so intent on finding profound eternal messages that I dismissed the "ordinary" as not being important -- and it cost me my marriage. There were simple, everyday instructions about how to be a good wife, and I ignored those to seek some "greater truth." How arrogant! So sad. It wasn't until years later, just a few years ago, in fact, that I understood the marital advice contained in the blessing.

However, now that I've matured some and seen more of life, I understand the promises in my blessing in different ways. I see it from a "this life" perspective, instead of Millenial or Celestial. I try to see it as it applies to me right now, and how I can fulfill my earthly destiny as the blessing states: dependent upon my faith, activity, and strength in the gospel.

17th Apr, 2014 - 11:04am / Post ID: #

Patriarchal Blessing Studies Doctrine Mormon

I got mine years ago when I was a teen. The Patriarch (A wonderful and spiritual man) asked me to read certain passages of the Scriptures and made sure I did. He emphasized over and over the importance of it and it really was a very powerful experience.

How was yours?

17th Apr, 2014 - 3:05pm / Post ID: #

Blessing Patriarchal

I was excited when I got mine there is so much responsibility in mine sometimes it seems overwhelming. In other spots it's veg on what it means, it drives me nuts

17th Apr, 2014 - 4:07pm / Post ID: #

Blessing Patriarchal

I love my patriarchal blessing, talks about marriage and kids but nothing is happening so far even though I attend all the single adult activities. undecided.gif

18th Apr, 2014 - 11:38am / Post ID: #

Patriarchal Blessing

I Love my patriarchal blessing and in many ways it is a big inspiration to me.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
18th Apr, 2014 - 3:38pm / Post ID: #

Patriarchal Blessing

I received my Patriarchal Blessing when I was fourteen, and everything in it has been fulfilled. So, what do I do now? I feel like I would like another one, but the Church doesn't allow that. Yes, I could get a simple priesthood blessing, but the Church doesn't permit those to be recorded, and I would kind of like a blessing that I can refer back to and reread from time to time, just as one does their Patriarchal Blessing. Unfortunately, the Church makes no such thing available to people like me.

18th Apr, 2014 - 6:51pm / Post ID: #

Patriarchal Blessing Mormon Doctrine Studies

international QUOTE
and everything in it has been fulfilled.

Really? In my Patriarchal blessing, there is mention of when I will resurrect, etc and of course that part has not been fulfilled yet. tongue.gif

Love,
RosieMae

> TOPIC: Patriarchal Blessing

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,