2004 Summer Olympic Football Is Here! - Page 2 of 3

Quarterfinal play has completed and the Final - Page 2 - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 21st Aug, 2004 - 8:55pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
15th Aug, 2004 - 2:17am / Post ID: #

2004 Summer Olympic Football Is Here! - Page 2

The way things are shaping up, Argentina could be playing Portugal in the next round, which eliminates that matchup for a finals LDS_forever?!

There are two good teams: Portugal and Mexico. Both are not as easy teams as it seems, but I know Argentina can do it!. smile.gif

Sponsored Links:
15th Aug, 2004 - 10:56pm / Post ID: #

Here Football Olympic Summer

OK folks, another round of football games at the Olympics today, and here were the results:

Iraq 2 - Costa Rica 0
Portugal 2 - Morocco 1
Ghana 2 - Paraguay 1
Italy 3 - Japan 2

With the Italian's victory, they take top spot in Group B and put Japan out of the running for moving to the next round. Tough break for the Japanese, but good to see the Italians making a move.
Also Iraq solidifies their position atop Group D and may be looking at an easy Quarterfinal matchup with the Australians. The Iraqis continue to impress and look to be second favorite to the Argentines. One more round of games left in Group play before the Quarterfinals are set up. Stay tuned!

16th Aug, 2004 - 12:55am / Post ID: #

2004 Summer Olympic Football Is Here! Sports & Fashion Music Movies

Well, Argentina will meet Australia next. I forgot that Paraguay made it to the football Olympics, they are alsoa good team. I'm surprise they think Iraq is even more favourite than Italy!. I know Italy is not performing as they used to but still Italy! tongue.gif

17th Aug, 2004 - 9:07pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Here Football Olympic Summer

Argentina met a challenge with Australia only defeating them by a 1-0 score. However, with 3 wins in 3 matches, they are clear favorites and move on as Group C winners to most likely face Portugal. Mali, yes Mali, go on to win Group A with a 3-3 tie against Korea. In the process they eliminate both Greece (Euro 2004 champs) and Mexico (Copa America semifinalists). Mexico did beat Greece 3-2 to avoid being in last place but it was too little too late. The other game of the day was Tunisia and Serbia, with the Tunisians winning 3-2. One more day of Group play before the Quarterfinals.

18th Aug, 2004 - 4:22am / Post ID: #

Here Football Olympic Summer

I don't think Australia was that good as much as Argentina did not play as expected. I'm glad they won but surely I'm not over joyful wink.gif

21st Aug, 2004 - 12:23am / Post ID: #

2004 Summer Olympic Football Is Here!

Well, the Quarterfinal matchups are now set. First, lets see how the last day of Group play went.

Paraguay 1 - Italy 0
Japan 1 - Ghana 0
Costa Rica 4 - Portugal 2
Morocco 2 - Iraq 1

Well the surprises continued even to the last day. With Paraguay's defeat of Italy they jumped over the Europeans to win Group B, and Italy moved on as the 2nd seed from that group. Costa Rica's win vaulted them to 2nd place in the group eliminating the Portuguese in the process, while Iraq showed they were beatable by losing to Morocco. Here are the matchups in the Quarters:

Mali vs Italy
Iraq vs Australia
Argentina vs Costa Rica
Paraguay vs Korea

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
21st Aug, 2004 - 12:51am / Post ID: #

2004 Summer Olympic Football Here! - Page 2

Wow, how many surprises! It would be interesting seeing a match between Argentina and Italy. A long time I haven't seen them play wink.gif or Argentina-Paraguay. I just hope we win the gold one!!!!!!!!!!!! smile.gif

21st Aug, 2004 - 8:55pm / Post ID: #

2004 Summer Olympic Football Here! Movies Music Fashion & Sports - Page 2

Quarterfinal play has completed and the Final Four is now set. Italy had to go to extra time to defeat Mali 1-0. The Iraqis continued their dream Olympics defeating the Aussies 1-0. Argentian cruised by Costa Rica 4-0 and Paraguay squeaked by Korea 3-2. Here are the semifinal matchups:

Italy vs Argentina
Iraq vs Paraguay

The Italy vs Argentina game should be a dandy. Iraq holds hope for winning only their second medal ever in Olympic play. They have been promised $25,000 each if they win gold. Should be an interesting 2 matches!

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: 2004 Summer Olympic Football Is Here!

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,