Your Activity - Page 3 of 8

My activity on the forum has certainly dropped - Page 3 - Community News, FAQ, Feedback - Posted: 27th Feb, 2005 - 7:55pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (8) »

?
Poll: How would describe your activity here?
  Stinks, but I have no time       2.70%
  I think about this place but never reach the point of logging on       8.11%
  I think I come on regularly enough for my satisfaction       18.92%
  I am here pretty often for a busy person       29.73%
  I rather peep so my activity level is terrible       5.41%
  I am as active as can be and proud of it       32.43%
  Really, none of this is a big deal for me       2.70%
Total Votes: 37
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
Are you an active member in the community?
31st Dec, 2004 - 6:36pm / Post ID: #

Your Activity - Page 3

I was thinking of adding a method to calculate a user's participation in a particular board, but maybe it is overkill.

That would be nice, maybe showing on each post what the user's participation is on that specific board.

Sponsored Links:
31st Dec, 2004 - 7:11pm / Post ID: #

Activity Your

Well, I am not as active as I would like to be. I used to be extremely active. Then things got extremely busy for me at work and my posting level fell off drastically. I used to be connected all most all day, work and home. Things got so busy at work, I couldn't check things from there and then by the time I got home I was too tired. The past few weeks at work were better because I had a college student on winter break to help out. He has gone back to school, so it is likely to get hectic again. I hope I can somehow maintain some decent level of activity just the same.

I only check activity level to try to gauge whether or not the person to whom I am responding, will get my response. It doesnt' affect whether or not I think their post is valid, but it might affect whether or not I respond...more likely just how I respond.

2nd Jan, 2004 - 4:12am / Post ID: #

Your Activity Feedback & FAQ News Community

I know I haven't been active very much lately. With all the hustle and bustle of the holidays I haven't had much time. Now that the New Year is here I hope to be around a lot more. I hope everyone's holidays have been happy. I promise to try to be around more. I have missed coming here, this is such a fun place with so many nice people. HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE! biggrin.gif

9th Jan, 2005 - 4:27am / Post ID: #

Page 3 Activity Your

Now that the New Year is here I hope to be around a lot more.

Ok, I am monitoring that wink.gif. One way to keep your activity up is using the concept of 'An Apple A Day'. A post a day keeps the low activity at bay. Yes, cheesy to the extreme, but true.

Post Date: 10th Jan, 2005 - 6:46am / Post ID: #

Your Activity
A Friend

Activity Your

is keeping your participation up important to you or does it not matter? Do you look at a user's participation level? Does it give importance to their posts?

It is very important to me to keep my activity up. It is important to me because I want to be taken as a serious member of the community. I am not posting as much and I hope that doesn't negatively affect my participation rating. I do look at other people's rating, as well as when they became a member. I try to take into account the activity level in direct relation to when they joined. Some just like to look a lot and not post too much, especially in the beginning. If someone has been here for a long time and the activity rate is low, then they aren't that into the forum very much in my opinion. I also consider a person's perspective valid even if the level of participation is low. I just might not respond is all, depending on how I feel about the subject and opinion being offered.

Reconcile Edited: dawnofthenew on 10th Jan, 2005 - 6:54am

20th Jan, 2005 - 7:50pm / Post ID: #

Your Activity

It is very important to me to keep my activity up. It is important to me because I want to be taken as a serious member of the community.

Although it is a factor, remember that it is the quality of your post that will decide if someone takes you seriously or not. With your average of 12 posts a day I doubt you will ever have to worry about your activity level. wink.gif

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
7th Feb, 2005 - 4:09pm / Post ID: #

Your Activity - Page 3

I am active as I can, during the week sometimes it is hard because of work but this week since school is off, I will be able to be as active as I can smile.gif. I think quality of posts is very important since the emphasis of this forum is intellectual discussions. I personally take seriously each one of the posts and try to reply to the best of my little knowledge of things. Activity on the forum is more about the type of messages we post and I think we all can learn from each other.

27th Feb, 2005 - 7:55pm / Post ID: #

Your Activity Community News FAQ & Feedback - Page 3

My activity on the forum has certainly dropped off during the last few weeks, but I try to make up for it on days when things are slower, or when I have some time to sit and post intelligently. I agree that quality posts are what the forum is all about, so I don't just want to post aimlessly just to say I am active. If I don't have something viable to post, then I post nothing at all. I have also learned to not worry about how many posts I have or anyone else has. The forum is much more than that, although I do enjoy checking the forum statistics every so often to see how has been active and how active they have been over the past few weeks.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (8) »

> TOPIC: Your Activity

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,