Star Wars Roleplaying Game - Paper - Page 2 of 3

There are a few iterations of Star Wars done - Page 2 - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 29th Sep, 2015 - 5:11pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

29th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Wizard
Wizard
Rogue
Rogue
Ranger
Ranger
Fighter
Fighter
Paladin
Paladin
Cleric
Cleric
Barbarian
Barbarian
Draconian
Draconian
Warlock
Warlock

+  1 2 3 
  Star Wars Roleplaying Game ,Paper
25th May, 2010 - 10:36pm / Post ID: #

Star Wars Roleplaying Game - Paper - Page 2

A Star Wars PBP might be interesting but I like wouldn't even knows where to start.

Sponsored Links:
26th May, 2010 - 6:23am / Post ID: #

Paper Game Roleplaying Wars Star

I made three characters for the original West End Games first edition Star Wars game from the 80s, that used what is now the D6 system - a Jawa Smuggler, a Protocol Droid and a Quixotic Jedi. I only got to play it a single handful of times and only vaguely recall playing any of them, and only because I was barely able to manage to use the Force with my Jedi to grab something with telekinesis. Not a fan of the D20 so haven't played the new stuff. I think being a cinematic action trilogy, it would be much more suited to Feng Shui or Wushu or some other faster-paced system.

26th May, 2010 - 4:50pm / Post ID: #

Star Wars Roleplaying Game - Paper Reviews RPG & Card Board

So how does the game play is it like similar to AD&D with classes and lots of stats to keep track.

Post Date: 25th Sep, 2015 - 5:14pm / Post ID: #

Star Wars Roleplaying Game  - Paper
A Friend

Page 2 Paper Game Roleplaying Wars Star

I see that this thread has gone extremely quiet.

For those that are interested, I can discuss the various Pen and Paper (PnP) Role-Playing Games out there.

Post your questions, and I will begin answering them as they come in.

Post Date: 26th Sep, 2015 - 3:01pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Paper Game Roleplaying Wars Star

So I will start by answering Play By Post's question of whether Star Wars Role-playing Game plays like Advance Dungeons & Dragons.

First of all, very good question. In order to answer that, I need to explain some details surrounding the Star Wars Role-playing Game .

The Star Wars franchise existed prior to any sort of game ever being released. Because of this, licensing was required and has been required ever since in any commercial for profit production. That being said, the next item to concern ourselves with, is when these games were released, specifically the Role-Playing Games.

Episode 4, 5, and 6 were released prior to any Role-playing Game being released and West End Games who received the first licensing, based their game solely around era specific materials from those 3 episodes. So encountering Mace Windu or Jenga Fett or Mandalorians, was not even considered.

On or about the time that Episode 1 was being released, Wizards of the Coast had acquired the licensing. In conjunction with their OGL of the d20 system, they released the next Star Wars Role-playing Game with material covering Episodes 1 thru 6, but specifically Episodes 1,2 and 3. D20 is essentailly Advance Dungeons & Dragons with a few flavor packets added in. Darth Vadar, Emporer Palapatine, and a very sparse amount of Jedi, didn't occur until the very last episode and therefore not likely to be encountered in this game setting.

Come forward to present day, the year 2015. Fantasy Flight Games acquired licensing from LucasArts Ltd. In or about 2012. The products they were working on were based on a yet unreleased, Epsiode 7, 8, and 9. Their content basically has the Galactic Empire in control and the Jedi are nearly extinct and force-users are hunted down and killed.

28th Sep, 2015 - 4:55pm / Post ID: #

Star Wars Roleplaying Game - Paper

You probably have a lot of experience with Star Wars so it will make you a good GM. I didn't know there were so many versions. At the time I heard it was very much like Dungeons & Dragons so it sounded like something to take up but at the time no one was really keen, I don't know why.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 28th Sep, 2015 - 5:28pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Star Wars Roleplaying Game Paper - Page 2

Play by Post. Star Wars runs second by my count in popularity with ALL iterations of Dungeons & Dragons being first.

As always, I welcome insight and feedback and recommendations.

Post Date: 29th Sep, 2015 - 5:11pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Star Wars Roleplaying Game Paper Board Card & RPG Reviews - Page 2

There are a few iterations of Star Wars done as "Conversions". These iterations were basically Star Wars material that were adapted/adopted into another licensed gaming system.

I have heard of Star Wars done using Advance Dungeons & Dragons/2,0 rules. Also there was a rumor of a Pathfinder variant. I believe that FATE has one as well. My favorite of all these variants/iterations is done with Savage Worlds.

The particular reason for liking the "Savage Star Wars" As it is called, is because it includes Edges and Hindrances or more appropriately called Advantages and Disadvantages.

The other systems do not generally carry these and therefore, are less dynamic and more static in their characters.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Star Wars Roleplaying Game - Paper

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,