Why Do They Come Back? - Page 2 of 3

Those would not be valid reasons to join again - Page 2 - Community News, FAQ, Feedback - Posted: 15th Sep, 2007 - 5:45pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 

?
Poll: Why do you think deleted members come back to this forum again?
  They did not believe the rules were serious at first, but now yes       14.29%
  They did not take the time to read the FAQ, but now yes       0.00%
  They miss old forum buddies       0.00%
  They have nothing better to do with their time       14.29%
  They do not want to return to the Source (real life)       0.00%
  They rather remain as exiles in the Matrix       0.00%
  They want to be 'in', but not 'of' the community       42.86%
  They want to monitor or steal our unique resources       0.00%
  Some other reason (Please list in your post)       28.57%
Total Votes: 14
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
Members who are deleted or banned
28th Feb, 2007 - 1:05am / Post ID: #

Why Do They Come Back? - Page 2

Mr. Smith, I have noticed that too. If these people act like this in real life, most of them should be attending some counseling! A lot of them have big mouths talking about God and judging others yet they join with different usernames! I believe some of them are mental, truly mental. laugh.gif

Sponsored Links:
28th Feb, 2007 - 5:02am / Post ID: #

Back They Why

I believe some people cannot stand rejection, they become hysterical or very emotional at the hint of them not being 'liked'. They see communications as personal attacks and they return for more as a different person hoping to be accepted. However, their true colors always seem to surface. I believe 'mental' may be a general term, probably 'time wasters' would be better, because that is what they are doing... wasting our time and theirs.

1st Mar, 2007 - 2:33am / Post ID: #

Why Do They Come Back? Feedback & FAQ News Community

On other boards I have responded on, it is called trolling. They make statements that they know will get others upset and angry. They love knowing that they can cause such powerful emotions with just a few callus keystrokes on their part and they get a laugh out of it. Usually, the statements they make are outrageous and are only designed to incite a heated discussion.

So that is where I think the ones that you repeatedly delete, but they come back are to be catagorized. Trolls. Just looking to stir up some people for kicks.

1st Mar, 2007 - 2:36am / Post ID: #

Page 2 Back They Why

Vincenzo, that is an interesting deduction, but seeing that we delete their messages so fast that it is not seen by others then where will they get the heated Discussion from?

1st Mar, 2007 - 3:00am / Post ID: #

Back They Why

I cannot remember the names, but I will start writting them down in the future. However, what I have noticed is that they come back and start with small offenses and get things stirrered. Then they bolden the attacks until you eliminate them. Typically, what I have seen is that they don't initially come with a post that immediately gets them killed. They build up to it. Enjoying it along the way. Additionally, they get to come back and read threads like these to see their work has been done.

Cause and Effect.

The matrix!

As we cannot know that perhaps they do immediately get on and post a message that causes them to be eliminated, so you have those numbers. I have definitely seem some trolling here, but not too much as you put a cap on it before it gets too far, which is good.

Reconcile Edited: Vincenzo on 1st Mar, 2007 - 3:04am

1st Mar, 2007 - 3:07am / Post ID: #

Why Do They Come Back?

Vincenzo, you should be a Moderator! Yes, I do see this pattern, we do take a hardline approach, in fact I do... where I delete them just based on their Introductions alone. We also keep a database of offenders, their IPs and patterns, and at some point we catch them.

Interestingly enough this behavior actually boosts our popularity as controversy does ignite passionate posts, it is only when they start to become stupid does it become irritating, at that point they become disconnected.

Rather off topic, but...
Are you a Matrix fan? I Have not seen your views in the Matrix Review Board. Also, you should try Plugged, you do not have to be Upgraded to participate in Plugged and it will test how much of a fan you really are of the Matrix.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 14th Sep, 2007 - 3:49am / Post ID: #

Why Do They Come Back?
A Friend

Why They Back - Page 2

I can see some wanting to see the damage they caused. Others would want to see what others have said about them since they left. Still others might want to see if their absence has had an impact.

But there might be simple reasons, like they feel they invested some of their life into a place and made friends, and don't want to leave it yet.

15th Sep, 2007 - 5:45pm / Post ID: #

Why They Back Community News FAQ & Feedback - Page 2

Those would not be valid reasons to join again because one can look at the Threads and read without joining.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Why Do They Come Back?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,