[review] New 'exorcist' Movie

[review] ' Exorcist' Movie - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 23rd Aug, 2004 - 12:33am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

22nd Aug, 2004 - 2:45am / Post ID: #

[review] New 'exorcist' Movie

I just read a strong review from By David Germain about this movie. Here some extracts of the article:

"Three-fourths of the movie is boring as sin, the other quarter is loud, crude and awash in repugnant imagery. There are no true scares, only clatter, commotion, guts and gore served up as a vulgar shock to the system that for all its excess, is not remotely shocking.
Harlin, whose clamorous and abrasive movies include "Driven" and "Deep Blue Sea," tries to emulate William Friedkin's grossly terrifying original, but all his images capture are the gross part. A bird pecking a man's eye socket clean. Crows feasting on other crows' innards. A stillborn baby emerging from its mother's womb coated in maggots.
On top of those, Harlin presents a Nazi officer shooting a girl in the head and a pack of hyenas ravenously tearing a screaming boy to pieces.
This is not horror. It's sadism."

https://www.cnn.com/2004/SHOWBIZ/Movies/08/...t.ap/index.html

Will you watch it?

Sponsored Links:
22nd Aug, 2004 - 3:10am / Post ID: #

Movie exorcist review

I wasnt planning on seeing it and with a review like that, I probably wont. I wasnt a fan of the original Exorcist movie, even though the book was intriguing.

22nd Aug, 2004 - 11:00pm / Post ID: #

[review] New 'exorcist' Movie Sports & Fashion Music Movies

Even without the review, I wasn't planning on watching the movie. I have never seen the original, although the reviews are pretty much overwhelming that it is the best "horror" movie ever. I may watch it someday. I don't really know.

23rd Aug, 2004 - 12:33am / Post ID: #

Movie exorcist review

have never seen the original, although the reviews are pretty much overwhelming that it is the best "horror" movie ever. I may watch it someday. I don't really know.

I watched when I was 12 even though I was not allowed to, I sneak out and watched it anyway undecided.gif ....I had nightmares for weeks! laugh.gif now, I watched several times after that and it is not a big deal really but because I was so young it really scared me. I am not interested in seeing movies like that anymore, I find they invite the 'wrong' spirit and they do not teach anything. I rather thrillers.

> TOPIC: [review] New 'exorcist' Movie

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,