Adding SMF Modifications - SMF Mods

Adding Smf Modifications Smf Mods - Computer Issues, Video Gaming - Posted: 5th Oct, 2012 - 6:07pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Simple Machines - There are pros and cons to adding code to your default SMF intallation, do you know what they are and how they can affect you?
3rd Oct, 2012 - 8:36pm / Post ID: #

One of the big mistakes SMF site owners make is to take a freshly installed forum and add a billion modifications to it and then ask themselves, why is my forum slow, why is my forum giving an error, etc. Sure modifications or mods as some call them are nice because they enhance your site, but at the same time anytime there is a major upgrade to SMF you lose out because you have to overwrite all those modifications to get your SMF to the latest version.

Related to this you should also read: Backing Up SMF so you do not install modifications that you later regret.

Sponsored Links:
5th Oct, 2012 - 6:07pm / Post ID: #

Mods SMF Modifications SMF Adding

I've made that mistake many times - installing all kinds of mods in the past until I found you JB, it's way easier to just get you to do it. wink.gif

> TOPIC: Adding SMF Modifications - SMF Mods

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,