Trinidad Medals In Olympics

Trinidad Medals Olympics - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 25th Aug, 2004 - 1:50am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

21st Aug, 2004 - 3:07am / Post ID: #

Congratulations to George Bovell who won a Bronze medal in the Summer Olympics in the Men's 200m Individual Medley. The country should be proud of this Olympian for his excellence in the sport and for putting T&T on the map this Olympics. Congratulations!

Sponsored Links:
21st Aug, 2004 - 3:57am / Post ID: #

Olympics Medals Trinidad

They are, but like everything else they started to overdo by using his name in ads, etc. Bovell had to make an announcement that no one should use his name without permission and that those who did advertize should donate the same amount they paid for the ad to the Bovell fun (I believe it is for swimmers).

21st Aug, 2004 - 4:50pm / Post ID: #

Trinidad Medals In Olympics Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

I am surprised that they are giving that much attention to Bovell. I always thought Trinidadians picked one person to give all the praise too, and I figured Ato Boldin would have been the guy from this Olympics. It will be interesting to see if he can medal with the high level competition he has to go against. I wish him the best!

21st Aug, 2004 - 5:13pm / Post ID: #

Olympics Medals Trinidad

Well, actually Ato is out of the 100m, he did not even get past the quater finals. The only thing left now is the relay.

24th Aug, 2004 - 5:30pm / Post ID: #

Olympics Medals Trinidad

I did not realize Ato did not qualify; I just read the story and found out that he is retiring as well. He did have a good career racking in 4 Olympic medals on the way. As for Bovell, his trust fund has already collected $60,000 which will be used (hopefully) for the benefit of other athletes in Trinidad. I saw a picture of Bovell today; is he American or European and moved to Trinidad? He does not look like your typical Trinidadian, if there is such a thing anymore undecided.gif

25th Aug, 2004 - 1:50am / Post ID: #

I just read the story and found out that he is retiring as well

I think it was not the wisest decision. I mean, why he has to wait until after the results of the Olympics to decide he wants to retire?. undecided.gif A good sportsman in my opinion, retires when its in his best moment...in his glory.

I saw a picture of Bovell today; is he American or European and moved to Trinidad? He does not look like your typical Trinidadian, if there is such a thing anymore

He is a Trinidadian. Yep, not the typical one though laugh.gif. Both of his parents are white, his mom is from Barbados and I think his father is from Trinidad.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!

> TOPIC: Trinidad Medals In Olympics

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,