Embedded Dice Support - Page 9 of 14

I did that but I'm just saying to - Page 9 - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 8th Feb, 2017 - 5:15pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

26th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Cleric
Cleric
Barbarian
Barbarian
Warlock
Warlock
Ranger
Ranger
Paladin
Paladin
Draconian
Draconian
Wizard
Wizard
Fighter
Fighter
Rogue
Rogue

+  « First of 14 pgs.  5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13  ...Latest (14) »
Closed
Discuss  Embedded Dice Support This just for you to see how Dice Rolls are formulated. This only works for Game Master's who have GMaster status and requested it for their Game.
Create RPG Character Dice JB's Maps RP Etiquette RPG Etiquette JB's SRD Game Master GM Stats
7th Oct, 2016 - 2:22am / Post ID: #

Embedded Dice Support - Page 9

On the face of it I'm not thrilled with idea of using FP to ensure a roll of 20 in the games that I run. I'm just not a fan of players being able to buy success in a role playing game. I guess it could be integrated assuming the FP cost was high enough to make its use rare. I would prefer FP being used maybe to reroll a bad dice roll, or like in a Dungeons & Dragons 5E game to gain advantage on a roll (Essentially using it to buy inspiration).

On the other hand I can see how it could be an incentive for players to post more and earn FP, or donate to the site in order to gain FP and ultimately an advantage in whatever game they are playing. Still, my immediate reaction to the idea is negative overall.

Sponsored Links:
7th Oct, 2016 - 2:40am / Post ID: #
Dice Master

Character
Game Master ◀
Not Not Approved ?

Support Dice Embedded

Ignoble says...

Thank you for the feedback and I understand your concerns hence I have not implemented it yet.

international QUOTE (Aericsteele)
I would prefer FP being used maybe to reroll a bad dice roll, or like in a Dungeons & Dragons 5E game to gain advantage on a roll (Essentially using it to buy inspiration).

Please elaborate on that with an example so I can understand the mechanics of what you are referring to.

Post Date: 7th Oct, 2016 - 2:23pm / Post ID: #

Embedded Dice Support
A Friend

Embedded Dice Support Reviews RPG & Card Board

I do not believe that using FP to ensure a roll of a 20 is the right thing. While for the character this is something to help them in a battle it just does not feel right for me. If this is put in place I would say it should be up to each Dungeon Master as to where they are willing to have it in their games. I for one would not want it as it takes away from the experience of role play. Sometimes you get great rolls, sometimes you get bad rolls. How you deal with the bad rolls can help develop your character much better.

7th Oct, 2016 - 9:51pm / Post ID: #

Page 9 Support Dice Embedded

As an example, in 5th Edition there are times when a player would have advantage or disadvantage on a roll and would roll a d20 twice. If they have advantage they would take the higher roll but if they have disadvantage they must take the lower roll.

Characters start with Inspiration which allows them to take the advantage on one dice roll during a session. The Dungeon Master can grant the character Inspiration for doing something cool or memorable. I believe the actual mechanic is that a character either has Inspiration or they don't (You don't have more than one point of inspiration at any given time) but there are some house rules that allow for points of Inspiration similar to Savage Worlds use of Bennies.

27th Nov, 2016 - 2:36pm / Post ID: #

Support Dice Embedded

Ensuring a D20 is rolled is definitely interesting. I tend to already get one fairly often enough that I don't make it a big deal. I can see how Dungeon Masters won't be too happy with that as a feature. *laugh*.

8th Feb, 2017 - 4:32pm / Post ID: #

Embedded Dice Support

From a recent experience if I may… I think one thing that can be added to the dice is an option to check the bonus after the dice roll rather than with each dice roll. For example if I need to roll 2d8+3 then if I put 1D8 +3 x2 the result will really be 2-16+6 because of how the form calculates.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 8th Feb, 2017 - 4:45pm / Post ID: #

Embedded Dice Support
A Friend

Embedded Dice Support - Page 9

Something like that as Dungeon Master I would want you to roll the 2d8 and then add the +3 in a off topic or out of character comment.

8th Feb, 2017 - 5:15pm / Post ID: #

Embedded Dice Support Board Card & RPG Reviews - Page 9

I did that but I'm just saying to prevent having to add it in after the dice rolls it might be nice to have it in there. Its not a big deal really just adding what I thought.

> TOPIC: Embedded Dice Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,