Embedded Dice Support

Embedded Dice Support - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 16th Jun, 2015 - 5:17pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

19th March 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Warlock
Warlock
Fighter
Fighter
Cleric
Cleric
Rogue
Rogue
Wizard
Wizard
Barbarian
Barbarian
Draconian
Draconian
Ranger
Ranger
Paladin
Paladin

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (14) »
Closed
Discuss  Embedded Dice Support This just for you to see how Dice Rolls are formulated. This only works for Game Master's who have GMaster status and requested it for their Game.
Create RPG Character Dice JB's Maps RP Etiquette RPG Etiquette JB's SRD Game Master GM Stats
14th Jun, 2013 - 8:57pm / Post ID: #
Dice Master

Character
Game Master ◀
Not Not Approved ?

Embedded Dice Support

Ignoble says...

Embedded Dice Support

History: This Thread was originally for the old Dice feature that used tables to show dice results, but since then we have a new improved Dice set that is more compatible with the needs of Players / Dungeon Masters and Mobiles.

I've renamed this Thread "Embedded Dice Support" Instead of the former "Member Wars Dice Options Example" As the Dice system is not exclusive to Member Wars. I've deleted all the test Posts here in order to better explain the new Dice option featured below:

Important Notes: If you input dice info into the Dice fields and get an error message about your Post then you will lose the Dice options you selected and will need to put them back in again. Therefore it is always best to FIRST preview your message and make sure it is acceptable and THEN fill in the Dice fields and press the save button. This is especially true if you use the Quick Reply option to write your message since after an error warning you have to click the "More Options" To re-enable your Post thus losing the Dice field info. You can delete Dice Rolls if you think you have missed adding proper input at the last second and try again. Please follow the directions on the Edit screen.

Why This Layout I wanted to do something out of PHP with no javascript. I pondered closing it off and making it viewed via hover but thought that might give some trouble. The dice system is not in concrete and will be modified over time but as it is now you can use it.

Applications By Players & Dungeon Master Please see: Explanation

This is the Key:
Roll Purpose = Skill, Attack, Damage, etc. (Max chara. 22)
Start # = The lowest number on the Die in case you want a roll like 2-12 rather than 1-12
Type = If you are using D20, D12, D6, etc.
Bonus = A +/- value to be added to the roll (Max chara. 3)
Amt. = The number of times the same roll should be made
Explode / Implode D20: = If you need a second result if a "20" Or a "1" Was rolled
Roll FULL Range D2-D100: = If you need extra rolls in case a "20" Or a "1" Or other unforeseen action would warrant additional dice.

Updates:

* Explode / Implode system added (Additional D20)
* Needing more than five (5) Dice fields
* How to make a 2D6 roll easy
* Deleting Rolls and starting over

Embedded Dice Support
Embedded Dice Support (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
14th Jun, 2015 - 4:08am / Post ID: #
Dice Master

Character
Game Master ◀
Not Not Approved ?

Support Dice Embedded

Ignoble says...

An Example of All Rolls

NOTE: Always put in a purpose for the Roll or no Roll will be made. Always start with the first field.

In the below example you will see the fields I filed in, any bonuses I applied, the dice type and the number of times I wanted the roll made. To prevent action cheating, Dice rolls will be shown after 31 minutes. This stops Players from observing bad rolls and changing their Character's actions.

The first five fields allow you to specify what the roll is for. The last part allows you to select a range of rolls from D2 all the way to D100. Partial only shows the range typically use. This extra dice can be optionally used by the Dungeon Master if he does not want to roll for himself because of time or simply convenience.

Dice Master Results:
  • Initative on D12 (+3): 8 (1 roll)
  • Attack on D20 (+4): 10 (1 roll)
  • Damage on D8 (+3): 4 (1 roll)
  • Random range: D100: 7, 41 // D20: 5, 9 // D12: 10, 6 // D10: 3, 7 // D8: 4, 6 // D6: 2, 2 // D4: 1, 3 // D2: 1, 2

14th Jun, 2015 - 11:54am / Post ID: #
Dice Master

Character
Game Master ◀
Not Not Approved ?

Embedded Dice Support Reviews RPG & Card Board

Ignoble says...

Dice Roll Is Hidden

Right after you make your Post and Dice Roll you will get a message as seen in the image below. It tracks the time when the Post was made and the amount of time left until you can see it. Keeping it hidden means you will not be able to change your Character's actions because of a poor dice result.

An example of why this is essential: Imagine that your Character is placed in a combat situation and you decide to fight. You roll dice and see that the result is poor meaning you will miss badly, because of this you may want to edit your Post to say that your Character hides or runs away instead. Having a time delay prevents that because by the time the Dice result is shown you will not be able to Edit your actions.

Embedded Dice Support
Embedded Dice Support (Hover)

Post Date: 14th Jun, 2015 - 1:52pm / Post ID: #

Embedded Dice Support
A Friend

Support Dice Embedded

I like this system jay. I think it will be very handy. Plus it will give the players better options when role playing. Bad dice roll happen all the time as a player and Dungeon Master I see it all the time.

Post Date: 15th Jun, 2015 - 3:03am / Post ID: #

Embedded Dice Support
A Friend

Support Dice Embedded

Thank you for this! Aesthetically I'd love to see it display the die roll + the modifier, but still - too cool! I envy anyone that can write this sort of thing, well done! (It does actually add in the modifier, correct? I'm assuming so, but assuming tends to make fools of us all.)

15th Jun, 2015 - 12:56pm / Post ID: #
Dice Master

Character
Game Master ◀
Not Not Approved ?

Embedded Dice Support

Ignoble says...

international QUOTE (Diarmadhim)
Aesthetically I'd love to see it display the die roll + the modifier

I thought about that but then if a roll would require 4-6 times then it will become a mess of text. Additionally, I need to keep it simple and mobile compatible. You can see the modifier in the brackets and the results are calculated based on that modifier, both negative or positive.

Update: I have made it a little more compact so it does not take up so much room on the page.

Still To Do: I need to devise a way that if a Player forgot to make his roll the system will allow him to do so via the Edit option. As it is now if you don't make the roll when you are submitting your Post then it will not allow you to then add in the rolls.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
15th Jun, 2015 - 4:20pm / Post ID: #

Embedded Dice Support

Love the dice although we kind of already have the one in World of Medieval to use this one will make it easier when you just have to make one roll for something.

16th Jun, 2015 - 5:17pm / Post ID: #

Embedded Dice Support Board Card & RPG Reviews

Very handy, thank you for making it available. I also appreciate the real rolls that everyone will get, adventures will now have unexpected turns.

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (14) »

> TOPIC: Embedded Dice Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,